The interface

prey.PNG

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
All smartphones are protected by Anti-Theft and Encryption, including aMBPr.
Gaming laptop protected by Anti-Theft, but not Encrypted, because Microsoft don't provide BitLocker in Home Edition.

I use Zemana Anti Logger for my PC and the built in security from my kindle for pin or pass.
How does that protect againt "Theft AND Retrieval" of your lost device. Also Zemana Anti-Logger would probably benefit the thief. ;)

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

Voted yes.

I find Prey for PCs not useful even with that guest account. On my PC i use a BIOS password + BitLocker encryption. On my phone i have CM Security + Android Lost by Theis. Used to use the Avast Anti Theft for rooted phones but sadly it's not supported anymore.

Reactions: Logethica

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No at all but in the future yes.

Mobile theft is one of the primary issues until now where people tend to forget, that any places you visit are vulnerable for stealing.

Having such an application, well save you no matter what circumstances.

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.