Advice Request Do you use COMODO SecureDNS?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you using COMODO SecureDNS now? (COMODO users only)

• Yes

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • No, I removed them because I was having troubles with some websites

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
COMODO users: are you using COMODO SecureDNS? These should provide online malware and phishing protection.
I first tried them in my VM, but then I was having troubles opening some websites. Chrome was showing the message "DNS error" and was unable to open them. So I decided it was nt the case to use them in my host machine

Reactions: lordman

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
besides comodo's auto-sandbox and firewall, everything else sucks or is close to useless, literally
some people may like HIPS

It's better to replace comodoDNS by another DNS with better blocklist with more reliable reputation, such as norton (false positive king) and OpenDNS (very effective against phishing)

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
besides comodo's auto-sandbox and firewall, everything else sucks or is close to useless, literally
some people may like HIPS

It's better to replace comodoDNS by another DNS with better blocklist with more reliable reputation, such as norton (false positive king) and OpenDNS (very effective against phishing)
I prefer running the automatic DNS from my ISP. I would use Avira browser safety if I need phishing protection

Reactions: RoboMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.