• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Win 10 64 here.

Do you use file copier? How good, fast & reliable are they?
Are they really fast compared to Windows inbuilt file copier?

What file copier do you recommend?

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
im using Teracopy, fast , able to pause copy, and many other things.

Reactions: Vasudev
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I read quite a few review & most mention TeraCopy is just average on speed & not fast. And some mention stability issues.
You are running free or pro?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
What OS are you running?
And is TC faster than Windows inbuilt copier for you?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
win10 x64 , it is not the speed that matters most but the fact that my copy will not stop at 99% like windows do.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Recently I ran into an exception case with TC 2.3, where I was transferring 70Gigs of data to perform a clean install and TC just crashed with an exception out of memory which is known bug acc. to TC forums and suggested to use TC 3.0 beta.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am looking for regular copy-paste i.e files/folders, couple movies transfer, etc...

For huge transfers or backups I use FreeFileSync.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes I use Teracopy for instances when the built in does not function well to copy some files.

The speed is fast and convincing compared to others however that should not justify the overall result, cause other alternatives have good features to provide on.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
in fact 3rd party file copier are not much faster than Windows one since all depend of your hardware, but the features matters.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am running latest stable TeraCopy Pro.

Should I keep enabled (default) "Associate TeraCopy with .sfv & .md5 files" during install?

"Always test after copy" is disabled by default...should I enable it?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@yesnoo: Well just tick it, there's nothing wrong to expand the functionality of Teracopy.

Second, is an optional for you to enabled which basically conduct a test for checksum the files after you paste/cut it, took little longer than usual one.

Reactions: Vasudev
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I tried TeraCopy Pro latest under Shadow Defender on Win 10 64. I installed it Portable as would like to use sometime & manually. I noticed it created TeraCopy option in Context Menu. Does deleting TeraCopy portable folder removes the context menu option? I couldn't test it as everytime deleting the folder it mentioned another program using it. Guess it needed system restart & Shadow Defender clears everything on system restart.

So can anyone confirm deleting portable TeraCopy folder removes context menu option?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@yesnoo: Well since it adds from the registry, then better to remove it manually as probably deleting only the portable folder will remnants as does not contain automated uninstallation.

Check this tip

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Honestly didn't even know there was such a thing. I just use the Windows one as it's so much easier.

S

Smith83

Thread author
Honestly didn't even know there was such a thing. I just use the Windows one as it's so much easier.

Yep, if you want an infinity supply of a file zip it up. Then drag and drop as many times as you wish.

greatdivide

Level 1
Verified
Nov 20, 2015
win10 x64 , it is not the speed that matters most but the fact that my copy will not stop at 99% like windows do.
This. Just this alone made me switch to Teracopy.

There has been a lot of times where I have to migrate large data and then Windows just gets stuck at 99% for more than 1 day. Mind you, the total of the data was only around 150GB and I have a fairly strong computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.