• Total voters

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
iPanik said:
Do i need a security app like android antivirus?
short answer: No!
long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Your battery will hate you for installing a security app.
just disable installation from unknown sources, stay away from the "just in" list in the marked, don't install anything that doesn't come recommended and your golden!

I have to agree I have not installed anu security product yet and by the look at all these comments I think that I will not get any.

D

Deleted member 178

if i had an Android phone, my best security apps will be...ME !

Lindows

Thread author
Aug 19, 2011
as you know. nowadays in the world never be safe from hackers or whatever like that. unlike many many years ago. safe , probably little infection on system, but now?
it make system locked such as; "ransom" that's in my opinion.
MAC OSX few years ago. can' getting viruses but now it can get. probably in next year linux OS will have vulnerable to get virus.

I thought Linux OS will be the only secure OS.
Microsoft = Money motive(business) = Malware writers money motive(stealing)
But Linux OS is totally free.
The more we buy the more they steal!
Also
Android consists of a kernel based on the Linux kernel
So we can expect an attack on Linux OS in the future....:mad:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If your using at every day use (like calling and texting) and you install only popular software then a low chance of infection. You don't need an AV.

Lindows

Thread author
Aug 19, 2011
jamescv7 said:
If your using at every day use (like calling and texting) and you install only popular software then a low chance of infection. You don't need an AV.

Maybe i not just a regular user, In my first android phone, I got too much excited and installed almost 10 apps within a day...
Right now I am just using anti-theft...

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Lindows my personal advice for you would be to install a antivirus software on your Android.....Its a very targeted and you are new to this OS....
Don;t worry about how much battery will eat because I'm sure your phone will be able to handle it. You know : it's better to be safe than sorry!

Lindows

Thread author
Aug 19, 2011
Jack said:
Lindows my personal advice for you would be to install a antivirus software on your Android.....Its a very targeted and you are new to this OS....
Don;t worry about how much battery will eat because I'm sure your phone will be able to handle it. You know : it's better to be safe than sorry!

Yeah that's why I am uninstalling my all the junk apps.......

I

illumination

I have already voiced my opinion on this as well as posting links to a couple threads with reasons why, and well, here is one more example...
Read Here

D

Deleted member 178

like with Windows, if you know what you do, where you surf, what you open; the risks are lesser.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.