Advice Request Does anyone do this? Have a pc gaming rig but uses a light laptop to control it remotely where ever they are?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I vote for a gaming laptop. You may end up in liking that portability and power to play games and do other things on the laptop as well. Otherwise, you would need to have the Host PC on during those hours or days that you're away and when you think you may want to access it from the laptop. What if there's a glitch in the connection, with the gaming laptop it wouldn't matter. I also tend to put my PCs in sleep mode when I'm done for the day, and only do remote sessions on-demand (work bookkeeping) and it's usually within my house from my mid-tier laptop upstairs to my tower PC downstairs.

I also guess how many times are you actually going to be using the laptop for the remote connection, otherwise, a lighter-duty surfing laptop would work.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.