Not open for further replies.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I was bored and visited a discontinued Browsers website Flock, and found this message,

http://www.flock.com/

We are currently working on something awesome. Enter your email below to be notified when it's ready.

flock_logo.gif

Does anyone know what their brewing lately?! :D

Reactions: xxtoss23

findmeanme

Level 1
Verified
Sep 23, 2013
I used Flock for quite a while and was sad to see it go. That page has been up for some time ( more than a year) and I think Flock is dead basically and will not be revived.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've saw Flock Browser long time before with the use of Gecko engine, but perhaps it didn't click by majority of users.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It was originally discontinued in 2011 and failed to show in 2013, but it could make a reappearance using, in my opinion the Blink engine, 2014/15.

Flock is owned by Zynga.

From Wikipedia:
As of April 2013 the site redirected to another business, indicating that the resurrection of the web browser did not occur. In August 2014 the site was resurrected once again with a new line of text indicating the continuation of the project stating "We are currently working on something awesome. Enter your email below to be notified when it's ready".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flock_(web_browser)

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
Flock 3 beta was built on chromium/wekit engine was quite nice but later on discontinued and i have been visiting that page from last 2 yrs and i guess its dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.