Advice Request Does anyone use the tools (SuperAntiSpyWare)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi Wanted to post this some where I could attach screen shots!
Does anyone here use the tools in SuperAntiSpyWare? Are they any good??
Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 593
  • Capture49.JPG
    Capture49.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 560

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
The only thing it's good for is removing tracking cookies from what I can tell from your screenshots and personal experience ;)
Is this one any good??

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 508
  • Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 562
Reactions: Oxygen

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
Hi,
I've used in the past and it is good to clean spyware and other trash but not use it anymore

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
It is really not a very good program.There are better options to get rid of cookies and much better on demand scanners that can take the place of SAS. Personally I would not recommend it.
Thanks for your reply @exterminator20 I'm mainly interested in the tools section. Some of them seem to me that they could be useful.
I think it does fine removing tracking cookies.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I'm not sure if you can keep tracking cookies of your PC and they probably aren't causing you any problems.
I just don't like them so when ever I think about it, I use SAS to sap their arses. They come right back but it makes me feel good to sap them!:):)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its a good on demand scanner long time before however it went downhill already as couldn't detect majority of threats and the owner of the site has been changed too.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
No Sir I don't use to me if our computer is totally protected we won't need these tools.

Reactions: nissimezra

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Good for you. Would you care to share with MT members how you are totally protected??;)
I don't use any random application sir nor I visit random websites while I monitor my network's activity via glasswire, Eset also helps me to to keep any unsafe file in my computer if it's bypassed by chance mbam real time protection takes the action where as Adblock Plus & Maleware bytes malicious website protection also support me along with eset detections.

Reactions: donetao

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
whatever you do don't use this program.
second opinion scanner is MBAM OR MSI
I dont use any scanner only the AV and my eyes.
to clean infected pc i use MSERT.EXE and combofix. if win 8 MBAM

Reactions: frogboy

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Can I run the SAS Pro version in real time with MBAM Pro or will there be a conflict??

Reactions: Oxygen

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@donetao : In my observation view since these two scanners that contains realtime protection have same approach of not being a full blown Antivirus therefore it may sound overkill but none may reported any conflicts + since majority MBAM Premium is used to their alongside current security product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.