Advice Request Does anyone use the tools (SuperAntiSpyWare)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
SuperAntiSpyWare used to be great a long time ago, was a must run on infected computers. On nowadays is barely alive, I think they threw the towel long ago. MBAM is far superior at reverting registry modifications done by malware, and removing active malware from computer. There are so many better options outhere that will make you forget about SUPERAntiSpyware.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
@donetao : In my observation view since these two scanners that contains realtime protection have same approach of not being a full blown Antivirus therefore it may sound overkill but none may reported any conflicts + since majority MBAM Premium is used to their alongside current security product.
Hi friend! I'm a little confused! Are you saying that it shouldn't cause conflicts if run in real time with MBAM??

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Can I run the SAS Pro version in real time with MBAM Pro or will there be a conflict??
Personally, I think you shouldn't bother with SAS pro. If you want something to run with your antivirus then MBAM pro should be more useful than SAS pro.

Reactions: nissimezra

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
SuperAntiSpyWare used to be great a long time ago, was a must run on infected computers. On nowadays is barely alive, I think they threw the towel long ago. MBAM is far superior at reverting registry modifications done by malware, and removing active malware from computer. There are so many better options outhere that will make you forget about SUPERAntiSpyware.
Hi! I didn't know that MBAM revered the registry modifications done by malware. Maybe SAS will come back. I hear they have a new owner!!

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
They will overlap, nobody can guarantee no conflicts "under the hood" but basicly you should be fine.
Hi! It's hard for me to keep up and answer every reply. Thanks for your reply. I might give it a shot and see what happens.
I'm very satisfied with my MBAM Pro;)

Reactions: Oxygen

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Hi! It's hard for me to keep up and answer every reply. Thanks for your reply. I might give it a shot and see what happens.
I'm very satisfied with my MBAM Pro;)
dont install too many product, i had MBAM pro with ESET it drove me bananas
i uninstal it. use one good AV like ESET EMSI qihoo its enough, adding more will effect your pc performance.

Reactions: darko999

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi @Moose I'm now running MBAM Pro and SAS Pro in real time. I will post back if there are any problems.
I installed over the top of the free version. SAS removed the free version and installed the Pro with no problems.
SAS is now running in my tray. Thread has been moved to the Security Software Zone!
Thanks!

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Hi @Moose I'm now running MBAM Pro and SAS Pro in real time. I will post back if there are any problems.
I installed over the top of the free version. SAS removed the free version and installed the Pro with no problems.
SAS is now running in my tray. Thread has been moved to the Security Software Zone!
Thanks!
I think its better to exclude the folders of each other under each product.

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Hi would you please explain. I have never done that before.
Thanks!
Under malware exclusions, add SAS program files directory. Similarly, under SAS exclusions, add MBAM program files directory. This way, there wont be any conflict among the products.

bUnrIK5.png

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,

1st uninstall SAS free
and then install SAS Pro! There will be no conflicst and/or problems with MBAM Pro

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
The thing is I wouldn't bother having SAS as a real time protection since it's detection rate is quite low, it works on signatures so you'll get infected most of the time and may have a chance of being clean after the signature is downloaded by the update feature. SAS could be good being run as an on demand scan, but even so i wouldn't bother using it since as we said here there are many better options.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Salutations,

1st uninstall SAS free
and then install SAS Pro! There will be no conflicst and/or problems with MBAM Pro
Hi @Moose Thanks! I installed over the top and there were no problems. There was a message saying the free version was being uninstalled and then the Pro version installed without any issues.;)
PS Do you know why I can't add attachments in this section?? I wanted to add attachments,but was not allowed to!!
Thanks!

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Hi @Moose Thanks! I installed over the top and there were no problems. There was a message saying the free version was being uninstalled and then the Pro version installed without any issues.;)
PS Do you know why I can't add attachments in this section?? I wanted to add attachments,but was not allowed to!!
Thanks!
you have to upload the pics to imgur and then post the link here

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.