Does FortiClient Av contain a BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Thank you for the details, how much does the Fortinet hardware cost per year to run?

It depends.. Yearly renewal are a percentage of the total cost of the unit. One of my favorite units is the Fortigate 60E, which has a SOC3 chip in it, the SOC3 is usually limited to the 200E and higher lineup so it is very very speedy. You can get a 60E for about $600-$800 range, the yearly renewal can be found for around $200 a year. So only 16 bucks a month for everything it offers. FortiSandbox virtual runs another $100 a year for the 60E, which will amp up your protection significantly.

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
It depends.. Yearly renewal are a percentage of the total cost of the unit. One of my favorite units is the Fortigate 60E, which has a SOC3 chip in it, the SOC3 is usually limited to the 200E and higher lineup so it is very very speedy. You can get a 60E for about $600-$800 range, the yearly renewal can be found for around $200 a year. So only 16 bucks a month for everything it offers. FortiSandbox virtual runs another $100 a year for the 60E, which will amp up your protection significantly.
And does it matter on how many computers you have on the network? I was thinking of looking into this for a not for profit but if it cost $1000s to setup and run then it out of the question. Right now we are paying about $250AUD for 27 SEP licenses....

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

And does it matter on how many computers you have on the network? I was thinking of looking into this for a not for profit but if it cost $1000s to setup and run then it out of the question. Right now we are paying about $250AUD for 27 SEP licenses....

FortiGate device can activate and control 10 FortiClient Endpoints for free per device. If that isn't enough, it's approximately $140 a year to cover 200 endpoints. As for the Fortigate itself, it doesn't matter how many devices are behind it, 5, 10, 100, 1000 it's the same price. I have 65 devices behind my Fortigate.

A big benefit of Fortigate is also the exceptional VPN. Fortigate allows you to configure a secured VPN server in your home then install the FortiClient VPN on all remote devices/phones/laptops/tablets, and connect back behind your secured network from remote.

Prayag

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
Is its behavior blocker functional or effective when the system is offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.