Does Microsoft Office really need to be installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovehungryman

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2015
My concern was that I was more worried about breaking or messing my system if ever uninstalling Office but as far I can see it seems fine if some day I decide getting rid of it...
This is a personal pc not used for work or studies it is used mostly for browsing, media and sometimes picture editing.
So I think I am gonna keep it for now and see how things go.

By the way, is there a difference using Office online instead?

Thank you guys!

Reactions: LabZero
S

SkyJP

My concern was that I was more worried about breaking or messing my system if ever uninstalling Office but as far I can see it seems fine if some day I decide getting rid of it...
This is a personal pc not used for work or studies it is used mostly for browsing, media and sometimes picture editing.
So I think I am gonna keep it for now and see how things go.

By the way, is there a difference using Office online instead?

Thank you guys!

Office Online can only be used when connected to the internet and it has the great features of MS Office, except you can only view or edit files that are in your OneDrive account.

It is essentially a competitor to Google Docs and iCloud but with full compatibility with desktop-created Office files.

It's ideal for a user who is always connected to the internet but can't run MS Office at a reasonable performance e.g
a netbook or chromebook.

I use it usually when I have created a desktop Office file that synced to OneDrive but i am using another device that doesn't have MS Office e.g. school or public pc/phone.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Basic format customization can show very well on MS Office when you're document is done by other software, just as logic only; always double check for any misalign or not fitted on the page before printing it. ;)

Or if you want though here is a silly option. ;)

If you have enough resource usage then you may conduct on Virtual Machine by creating numerous snapshots then install the trial version of MS Office, when expire revert to the beginning and install all over again. ;)

Logic here, its better done on that case than using pirated keys though

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.