Does privazer safely delete files ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
All these types of software free or paid say that they will delete your files and then you pick a piece of software and someone gets hold of your personal info what experiences have you had with east tec,ccleaner or privazer and how secure are there deletion methods.

Last edited by a moderator:

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi CCleaner has a driver wipe feature in tools, that over writes as many times as you choose. I really don't any thing is 100% if the government wants that information.;):(

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Privazer is very good you can overwrite files and free space up to 37 times and makes data unrecoverable.

Reactions: donetao

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Assumption that those secure delete methods are very aggressive to be in fact you cannot recovery already which totally overwrite. Use it wisely ;)

Reactions: donetao

BCHatesMalware

Level 2
Verified
Dec 5, 2013
I do know that East-Tec Eraser is very configurable, and you can set it to use the Gutmann Algorthim (35 pass sanitize method). I also select the: "Use Isaac Random generating algorithm" option in the: Erase Deleted Data Advanced Settings Dialog-->Security Level Settings Dialog.

This is what my copy of East-Tec Erases is set to. :)

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
east tec doesnt show chrome for me so i dnt use it i use privazer and im hoping it does just as good a job

Reactions: frogboy

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
is it bad on privazer that when you can pic kthe options before you clean them, i jsut tick them all is that bad or is it just more secure?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
is it bad on privazer that when you can pic kthe options before you clean them, i jsut tick them all is that bad or is it just more secure?

As I checked the program before, couldn't see any problem that can raise an issue for operating system so its safe; those things is to make the program clean more locations based from user input.

BCHatesMalware

Level 2
Verified
Dec 5, 2013
east tec doesnt show chrome for me so i dnt use it i use privazer and im hoping it does just as good a job
No it doesn't, but you can add Google Chrome, in the Custom Settings. They continuously update their application database. Not sure they Chrome is not listed. :)

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Well It's sure shows Chrome in CCleaner. CCleaner has been around for as long as I have.
I'm staying with CCleaner.;)
Can't attach screen shot or I would show you.:(

BCHatesMalware

Level 2
Verified
Dec 5, 2013
Well It's sure shows Chrome in CCleaner. CCleaner has been around for as long as I have.
I'm staying with CCleaner.;)
Can't attach screen shot or I would show you.:(

No problem, as I am very familiar with CCleaner!! That's why there's different software available, as not everyone is going to like this one or that one. It's nice having choices. Of course, CCleaner and East-Tec Eraser are somewhat different in what they do, as I believe that ET Eraser is a more specifically geared to system security. This is just my observation, and slight opinion. :)

Happy CCleaner Cleaning!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.