Question Does some firefox-based browser have native vertical tabs and bookmarks?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Yes, there are Firefox-based browsers that offer native vertical tabs and bookmarks. One popular example is the "Tree Style Tab" extension for Firefox, which allows you to have vertical tabs in Firefox. Additionally, some Firefox forks or alternative browsers like Waterfox and Pale Moon also offer built-in support for vertical tabs and bookmarks.

Reactions: simmerskool

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
Yes, there are Firefox-based browsers that offer native vertical tabs and bookmarks. One popular example is the "Tree Style Tab" extension for Firefox, which allows you to have vertical tabs in Firefox. Additionally, some Firefox forks or alternative browsers like Waterfox and Pale Moon also offer built-in support for vertical tabs and bookmarks.
I said browsers not extensions.
I didn't find in watefox, in pale moon I supposed the same :cry:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I said browsers not extensions.
I didn't find in watefox, in pale moon I supposed the same :cry:
I apologize for the confusion. As of my knowledge, there aren't any Firefox-based browsers that have native support for vertical tabs and bookmarks without the need for extensions. In that case, using browser extensions like Tree Style Tab is likely the best way to achieve vertical tabs in Firefox-based browsers.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
A number of possibilities in Mozilla add-ons store. Can't vouch for any of them, though.

vertabs.png

If I was interested in this, I would read the reviews--some may offer some insight to install it (or not).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Nothing official has been announced nor confirmed by Mozilla.

You might be able to find a compatible add-on here:

A quick web search let me find the following:
Users had voted to request Vertical Tabs for Firefox at the Mozilla Crowdicity community. The feedback portal, which was slow to pick up the pace, is abuzz with activity. A Product Community Manager at Mozilla, has finally responded to the request with good news. He wrote that since the request has emerged as a top idea in the community, it has been reviewed by the developers at Mozilla. They are looking at ways to improve the tab management, and are researching the possibility of adding support for Vertical Tabs in Firefox. This of course does not mean that the feature is certain to be added, which is why I wrote "could" instead of "will".
Article: Mozilla could add support for Vertical Tabs in Firefox - gHacks Tech News

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
As the Bot mentioned the most well-known Firefox addon for vertical tabs: TreeStyleTab, a lot of tweaks to customize: Code snippets for custom style rules
TreeStyleTab is one of the recommended extensions program, what are more trustworthy because addons with "recommended badge" are verified carefully by Mozilla.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.