Don't you face Unresponsive Scripts issue on Firefox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tani

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Hi Everyone. Since years I've always been unable to use firefox as my default browser (due to small workspace that it provides but one main reason unresponsive scripts).

Previously I'd Dell Laptop 3rd Gen Ci5 1.7ghz with 4GB Ram but several times facebook pages used to get hanged due to unresponsive script issues, now I'm having HP Laptop 5th Gen Ci5 2.2ghz with 6GB Ram, I tried to use firefox a month (or so) ago, I thought those issues might have been fixed but again I faced similar issues script unresponsive & pages (usually at facebook) used to get hang for several seconds (greater than 15).

But I've read in several groups still people's favorite browser is firefox, if yours as well or if you use on regular basis don't you face this issue on your firefox? Am I the only one who faces this annoying problem?

D

Deleted member 2913

Just today I faced the unresponsive scripts issue for the first time in Firefox for few times.
I faced the issue when I tried to go to the Sticky password premium promo mentioned here. Sometimes the site opened fine & sometimes got the unresponsive scripts issue.

I tried again & on 12 or 13 tries got the issue.
Attached is the screenshot

Last edited by a moderator:

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Same issues here, I tried Cyberfox as well and it seemed to be better for a short while but then it started to lag again. After a while it too was unresponsive. I can never seem to have the same efficiency and speed with any of the firefox browsers compared to chrome, even if it's x64.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
D

Deleted member 2913

I wonder why no one is using NoScript Security Suite with Firefox/Pale Moon/Cyberfox. :confused:

@yesnoo, I suggest you to try "uBlock Origin" which is the version by the original author. Read the reviews of uBlock for Chrome for reasons. :p

PS: One does not simply run Firefox without NoScript.
I know about uBlock Origin & uBlock. And have read reviews, controversies, original authors statements, etc.. about uBlock.
And I am fine with uBlock.
But thanks for the suggestion. May be will give a try. If I give a try to uBlock Origin then you will notice that in my security config page.

UPDATE - Uninstalled uBlock & installed uBlock Origin.
Previously both were same. Now UO has more blocking lists by default & couple new options.
I dont like UO icon but its fine.

UPDATE - Uninstalled UO & back to uBlock.
UO blocked torrent site. Though it gave the option to temporary/permanently allow. Dont know what other types of site it blocks. Little strict blocking by default. I can handle it but other average users on the system will be confused. Its a shared system so I try to keep security simple & effective.
And uBlock is simple & works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
My such experience, I've encounter many times when using Firefox long time ago; and for sure addons make it affected my browsing experience.

However other factor like some scripts are unsupported by Firefox which why it creates hang on browsing.

Google Chrome and Opera never experience those unresponsive scripts. (Both Stable version)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Whilst our trusty old (latest updated versions of..) Firefox have often experienced these hang times mentioned above, these occasions have been mainly with our Windows 8.1 system. Other systems including Windows 7 SP 1, linux manjaro, and ubuntu, have not, although Firefox on lubuntu does oft times frustrate me.o_O Other Mozilla sourced browsers including Pale Moon (@Sloth, I do use NoScript on our portable version) have been less pronounced yet all share this behavior on 8.1 (Thanks @jamescv7 for illustrating why). It actually became so frustrating for me recently, I removed it for the 2nd time in as many years.:rolleyes: I'm glad we are merely discussing Firefox because if I'd treated my wife this way she might very well have found another (better looking) OS she finds more compatible than me!:mad::oops: ...what a horrible :eek:dream!:confused: I'm glad I'm awake now!!:p:D:D:D

Sloth

Level 5
Verified
Jun 24, 2015
I'm using Firefox as the only browser since it was made available for public. I faced some javascript issues until I came to know about NoScript and after that its been a smooth experience.

I have used Firefox with almost all Major Linux distros (Debian, Ubuntu & its variants, Fedora & its variants, Linux Mint, Elementary, LXLE, Manjaro Linux etc.) and never had any issues.

I prefer my privacy, so I don't touch the other major browser. :rolleyes:

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
maybe in version 37, verry little in 38. haven't experienced it in 39. but that's just me, our browsing habits differ

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Pale Moon

"A few miscellaneous things like the crashreporter and telemetry data gathering have been completely removed since they require server-side components that are not in place at palemoon.org, as well as the latter severely impacting user privacy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.