Download.com problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
It appears that Download.com is not working. I have tried it with several browsers and I just get an error page.

image000jc.png

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.:D

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
It is working fine now.

There is always www.filehippo.com, www.majorgeeks.com, and soon to be my favorite; www.softpedia.com. I really dig softpedia. I do like how filehippo always has many versions of the software they host.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
ZOU1 said:
It is working fine now.

There is always www.filehippo.com, www.majorgeeks.com, and soon to be my favorite; www.softpedia.com. I really dig softpedia. I do like how filehippo always has many versions of the software they host.

Download.com is not my choice download site, I use Softpedia and MajorGeeks for most of my downloads, however some software venders use Download.com as their default download site and new versions are posted on Download.com sometimes weeks before they get posted to other download sites.

I was trying to download the latest AVG Free 2013 because Download.com was the only site that has it.

But I did find a direct link to it, so problem is solved.

It is strange that the most popular download site has been down at most all day long. It is still not working for me.

Good day.:D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Seems to be working for me too. Like imsoadude said, might of been down for some quick maintenance.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
It's working fine today. Maybe it was down for maintenance, but it was not quick, it took all day long yesterday.

Thanks to everyone for your replies.:D

DeadDrop

Aug 19, 2012
ZOU1 said:
It is working fine now.

Softpedia is my fav! I recommend everyone use it, clean files and has almost everything!

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
download.com was good,untill they decided to bundle crapware with every software downlaod!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not all software comes bundled with the "CNET Downloader.com" Installer (crapware).

arsenaloyal said:
download.com was good,untill they decided to bundle crapware with every software downlaod!

DeadDrop

Aug 19, 2012
But they still do it which is a big NO NO IMHO. Just scraping the bottom of the barrel for more $$$ greedy greedy greedy if you ask me.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Don't like what they do? File a complaint, don't use Download.com and then recommend other sites to your peers.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
initially all the software were bundled,but after a lot of users like me complained they decided to give an alternate direct download link.

BTW i prefer softpedia now

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Yea i notice they usually give a smaller direct download link for an alternative to their downloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.