Dr.Web CureIt! 7.0 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashke

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 3, 2012
What's new in this version
  • A new scanning subsystem that can scan computer disks in a multithreaded mode to fully benefit from multi-core processors.
  • Significant increase in the scanning speed.
  • Greatly enhanced stability of the program virtually eliminates the possibility of BSOD ("blue screen of death") during the scanning.
  • Completely redesigned user interface.
  • Rootkit search subsystem.
  • Advanced custom scan features that allow to scan a computer memory, boot sectors, startup objects, etc.
  • An option to block a network connection during the scanning.
  • An option to shut down an operating system as soon as the scanning is complete.
  • Scanning a PC BIOS for "bioskits" — malicious programs infecting a PC BIOS.

en_cureit_scr_004.png

en_cureit_scr_005.png

en_cureit_scr_007.png

en_cureit_scr_014.png

Download

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Good old CureIt.

I've used the Live CD version since I can remember, Has done me good against some nasty rootkits that Kaspersky Boot CD missed.

Thanks for the notice, I'm liking the UI. :)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I'll try this for sure, Dr Web it's great for cleaning infected PC's :D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It looks really interesting, I have used Dr. Web CureIt in the past to cleanup systems but I haven't use it lately. I started using McAfee Stinger instead because it has really good detection of rogue security products, rootkits and Trojans. McAfee Stinger is even removed rogue security products that Malwarebytes failed to detect. Awhile back McAfee bought Secure Computing services that uses signatures from several different AV vendors currently used in their Gateway service and also in Stinger.

Thanks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.