Software
Dr.Web CureIt Removal Capabilities
PROS
1. Free

2. Don't need to install it

3. Fast Removal

4. Removed Most of Threats
CONS
1. 141 MB Download (Not Great for people with horrible Internet connection).

2. Pretty Slow Scanning
BOTTOM LINE
According to my video, Dr.Web has done a good job for a FREE program. I do recommend it to people since it is a free product.

KaptainBug

One thing I dislike is, there is no definition update.. Every time you need to scan your PC, then you have to download the entire program.. That's so dumb..

KaptainBug

I wouldn't say it as on top of over the old version.. Its a single executable file with the definitions.. So if you are scanning today you got to download the ~140MB file.. If you want to scan tomorrow, then download the file again which will have the latest updates which is unlike MBAM/Emsisoft emergency kit, there is no definition updates in-house.. I guess Kaspersky Virus Removal tool follows similar approach.

Mateotis

Level 10
One thing I dislike is, there is no definition update.. Every time you need to scan your PC, then you have to download the entire program.. That's so dumb..
I'm quite sure that this tool is mainly meant for heavily infected computers which lost their internet connection. You just download the tool on another computer and transfer it over with a USB and voila.

For example, TDSSKiller uses the same approach.

nissimezra

I'm quite sure that this tool is mainly meant for heavily infected computers which lost their internet connection. You just download the tool on another computer and transfer it over with a USB and voila.

For example, TDSSKiller uses the same approach.
in that case it's better to boot from cd and clean, either with dr web or WD offline

Status
Not open for further replies.