Product name
Dr.Web CureIt Removal Capabilities
Pros
  • 1. Free

2. Don't need to install it

3. Fast Removal

4. Removed Most of Threats
CONS
1. 141 MB Download (Not Great for people with horrible Internet connection).

2. Pretty Slow Scanning
BOTTOM LINE
According to my video, Dr.Web has done a good job for a FREE program. I do recommend it to people since it is a free product.

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
One thing I dislike is, there is no definition update.. Every time you need to scan your PC, then you have to download the entire program.. That's so dumb..

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@Malware Security, thank you for your review!:)

One thing I dislike is, there is no definition update.. Every time you need to scan your PC, then you have to download the entire program.. That's so dumb..
KaptainBug, is downloading it each time done similarly to WinPatrol's & CCleaner's, over the top of the older versions?

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
I wouldn't say it as on top of over the old version.. Its a single executable file with the definitions.. So if you are scanning today you got to download the ~140MB file.. If you want to scan tomorrow, then download the file again which will have the latest updates which is unlike MBAM/Emsisoft emergency kit, there is no definition updates in-house.. I guess Kaspersky Virus Removal tool follows similar approach.

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014

I'm quite sure that this tool is mainly meant for heavily infected computers which lost their internet connection. You just download the tool on another computer and transfer it over with a USB and voila.

For example, TDSSKiller uses the same approach.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I'm quite sure that this tool is mainly meant for heavily infected computers which lost their internet connection. You just download the tool on another computer and transfer it over with a USB and voila.

For example, TDSSKiller uses the same approach.
in that case it's better to boot from cd and clean, either with dr web or WD offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.