Dr. Web CureIt Scan Efficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I just ran a full scan with Dr. Web CureIt and I was surprised, and pleased to see that it completed in less than 8 minutes.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Must be all that Coffee you gave it Gnosis. :p

Dashke

Level 1
Feb 3, 2012
Unistalled? :) But Dr.Web CureIt! is portable application.
And yes, it is very fast now! Hurray! :)

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
Gnosis said:
I just ran a full scan with Dr. Web CureIt and I was surprised, and pleased to see that it completed in less than 8 minutes.

hmmm interesting might give take it for a test spin
thanks for the info Gnosis :D

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Wondering? If I disable/turning off the realtime on Emsisoft and Malwarebtye, if their would be conflict? Meaning, that I could run Dr. Web CureIt with causing damage on my Windows 8 X64 Operating System. Hmmm!

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
Moose said:
Wondering? If I disable/turning off the realtime on Emsisoft and Malwarebtye, if their would be conflict? Meaning, that I could run Dr. Web CureIt with causing damage on my Windows 8 X64 Operating System. Hmmm!

quite possibly so Moose.. I have read of both MBAM and Emsisoft having conflicts with CureIt, maybe CureIt! has built in toooo many protective mechanisms

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
A couple of months ago I tried Dr.Web CureIt and cause the to reboot and show error! After, I disable/turn off Emsisoft and Malwarebtyes. This is why
I am asking? Thank's for the information.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Dashke said:
Unistalled? :) But Dr.Web CureIt! is portable application.
And yes, it is very fast now! Hurray! :)

Oops I read that wrong
I am talking about dr web security space 8.0

PurpleArmor

Verified
Jan 28, 2013
This is a great product. I have used this on a couple of infected computers I helped fix. I used it to get an infected computer to a usable state and finished things off with Malwarebytes. In my case, malware has yet to block Dr. Web CureIt from running.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I have always trusted it to be my AV, though it is not realtime. I run it every three weeks or so. It has it's own safe mode, which could come in handy.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Dr. Web CureIt is an excellent auto malware removal tool to treat live infections, it has the ability to put all running processes in suspense mode excluding Microsoft processes while it scans which makes it able to effectively remove infections without having to boot in Windows Safe Mode. Of coarse it is best to disable your real-time security products just in case there might pose a problem.

Of coarse it is always best to run any removal tool in Windows Safe Mode to make sure nothing interferes with it.

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.