Dr.Web or Kaspersky?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Your first post is very generic. For a better response, you should provide more details for which 2 (or more) products you wish to compare, and for what platform (Win/Mac/Android). If possible, link your PC Security Config to your Profile, so you don't need to copy and paste your complete set-up.

Generic votes for their favourite software brand without fully understanding your current set-up, or not knowing Feature X is not available on Platform Y is not very helpful to anyone.

Consumer products:
Kaspersky Antivirus
Kaspersky Internet Security
Kaspersky Total Security
Kaspersky Security Cloud
Dr. Web Antivirus
Dr. Web Security Space
Dr. Web KATANA - "Non-signature AV"

SMB/Endpoint products etc.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Hm...for long time I think Kaspersky!
but really I am with the side of Dr.Web , its a real that Kaspersky provided better protection but you can't hmmm....during these years Kaspersky hacked,malware attacked Kaspersky system(Duku) & some problem with USA govenment, some info about they do't respect privacy &...some bug finds in Kaspesrky system...
Dr.Web no..none of these issues , until I understand no malware control their system or serious bug in their software...
I am sure that Dr.Web is good enough to protect users but we shuold have Trust as need as Protection, Dr.Web have both of them and Kaspersky Just protect well....

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Let me give you a choice that made Russian-speaking users. Лучший антивирус 2019. Рейтинг пользователей (The best antivirus 2019. User rating). From myself I can say that if you ask about antiviruses for Windows, then Kaspersky will be the best choice, and if you ask about antivirus scanners or antivirus for Android , then Doctor Web is the best choice.

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Hm...for long time I think Kaspersky!
but really I am with the side of Dr.Web , its a real that Kaspersky provided better protection but you can't hmmm....during these years Kaspersky hacked,malware attacked Kaspersky system(Duku) & some problem with USA govenment, some info about they do't respect privacy &...some bug finds in Kaspesrky system...
Dr.Web no..none of these issues , until I understand no malware control their system or serious bug in their software...
I am sure that Dr.Web is good enough to protect users but we shuold have Trust as need as Protection, Dr.Web have both of them and Kaspersky Just protect well....
The fact is that Kaspersky Anti-Virus is popular all over the world (according to the AV-Comparatives survey, Kaspersky Anti-Virus takes 1st place in popularity on almost all continents). Hence, numerous hacker attacks on the infrastructure of the antivirus company, the interest of foreign intelligence services in the exploration of the company's technology, the intrigues of foreign antivirus vendors, and competitors in foreign markets in order to diminish the company's reputation and other things. The higher you go uphill and you gain more authority and influence, the more you have enemies and problems. Is not it? Doctor Web focuses exclusively on the Russian market and does not seek to gain popularity among foreign users. This antivirus has its own small niche in this segment, and this situation apparently suits the company. From here and there is no interest from hackers and foreign intelligence services to this vendor, they are not disturbed by foreign competitors who do not care about the Russian market (they need to defend their market). Kaspersky will be better at protecting it, but the home user will have enough protection from Doctor Web. Unfortunately, Doctor Web does not have a free version of the antivirus, while Kaspersky decided to take this step and released a free antivirus.

Eldyk307lela

Nov 28, 2019
I have been using dr web and kaspersky (4 workstations) since 1998.A small summary of my experience:
Dr Web is my favorite:
-Excellent heuristics.Far better than kaspesky ones.The algorithms that drweb uses are just amazing-for anyone who understands programming and debugging will understand.Kasperky is awesome too but the whole approach and philosophy is a bit more unsafe: the ichecker etc,extremely unsafe approach especially with the new evolving malware .
-Dr web has multiple independent ''modules':extremely difficult to deactivate
-The disinfection process of kaspersky especially the advanced one is a bit hectic many times.
-Kaspersky appears more shiny because they have invested much more money-different philosophical approach.Lots of money in advertising and advertising psychology!!
-Many detections from kaspersky are actually tagged as unwanted programmes rather than been actual malware-verified by independent code analysing.
-Frequent instability problems with kaspersky-failure to load module etc

Overall they are both the best one can find currently.Both thumps up.

For me: Dr Web for ever.

Challenge: give a trial to drweb and re-post her your thoughts

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
I have been using dr web and kaspersky (4 workstations) since 1998.A small summary of my experience:
Dr Web is my favorite:
-Excellent heuristics.Far better than kaspesky ones.The algorithms that drweb uses are just amazing-for anyone who understands programming and debugging will understand.Kasperky is awesome too but the whole approach and philosophy is a bit more unsafe: the ichecker etc,extremely unsafe approach especially with the new evolving malware .
-Dr web has multiple independent ''modules':extremely difficult to deactivate
-The disinfection process of kaspersky especially the advanced one is a bit hectic many times.
-Kaspersky appears more shiny because they have invested much more money-different philosophical approach.Lots of money in advertising and advertising psychology!!
-Many detections from kaspersky are actually tagged as unwanted programmes rather than been actual malware-verified by independent code analysing.
-Frequent instability problems with kaspersky-failure to load module etc

Overall they are both the best one can find currently.Both thumps up.

For me: Dr Web for ever.

Challenge: give a trial to drweb and re-post her your thoughts
& 1 good pos is they do better in level of privacy :)

Reactions: [correlate]

Bryan320

Level 8
Oct 11, 2019
Kaspersky by far has has better protection why? Kaspersky has one of the largest user databases KSN gathers threat intelligence from users world wide. They have extended it's products protection by making a free version which more users will use the product which contributes to it's cloud protection. More users more protection!!!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.