Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,

Thank you for sharing , appreciate!

> Is Dr. Web ready for Windows 10?
> Any problems with the new beta , so far?
> Size is 344 MB? Any thoughts?
> Any slow down in the system?
> Scan speed (slow or fast?)

Kind regards,

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew999

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Changelog available?
Dr.Web Security Space 11.0 beta-testing underway!

Russian anti-virus company Doctor Web invites users to try out the beta version of its Dr.Web Security Space 11.0. The beta version boasts a new interface and optimised parental control settings. Users will appreciate the increased performance of Dr.Web and the other innovations that will become available after the upcoming release.

New interface features
  • The program's main menu has been redesigned for version 11.0.
  • The scanner's look and feel has been revamped, and its settings are now available in the general section where the anti-virus components are configured.
  • The License Manager has been redesigned, making the product easier to use and license key files easier to register, particularly for first-time Dr.Web users.
  • The upgraded installer now offers users tips that will help them learn more about Dr.Web's features.
Features and settings
Parental Control

• When specifying file and folder access permissions, you can enable users to view file and directory contents or disable data access altogether. Thus, you can make files accessible but avoid the risk resulting from user modification. This offers greater protection against encryption ransomware.
  • The new option that enables parents to allot time slots during which their children can use the computer factors in weekdays (including bank holidays and weekends), and all hours of the day and night.
  • Parental Control settings can be imported between user accounts.
  • The component can also be disabled for a particular account.
Other Components
  • The feature that restricts access to devices can now be used to grant full access or reading permission only for selected users.
  • Furthermore, the updated Dr.Web offers new options for exceptions when scanning running processes.
  • The preventive protection settings now allow users to specify rules for selected applications.
  • Dr.Web Net-filtering Service routines for downloading and scanning web content have been redesigned to optimise the component's operation with broadband connections.
  • Dr.Web's self-protection has been enhanced significantly for computers running 64-bit editions of Windows.
  • The Statistics section now works as an event log.
Doctor Web invites all interested users to participate in the beta testing of Dr.Web Security Space 11.0. In keeping with tradition, those testers whose advice and comments prove to be most valuable to the product’s developers will receive gifts from Doctor Web.
http://news.drweb.com/show/?i=9480&lng=en&c=5

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011

More like a marketting point of view by the company. Tried out Dr.Web Security Space 10 for a while, actually was quite impressed with the features and protection to go with. It's more towards prevention and remedy, good stuff. The UI can be better, awful layout and the helpfile a bit outdated. As for a performance its not bad, beeing running it on an old 9 years Pentium 4, should be fine on a more modern powerful processor unit. The bad point about Dr.Web the scans are awfully slow i don't believed they 'cheat' during scanning lol like others nowdays. Hopefully v11 will be better and less false positives also people complains how bad the UI was.

Reactions: Moose

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations, Greeting!

Install Dr.Web Security Space # 11 today! Working great! Nice detection of PUP's, unwanted software infections, ect...
Cleaning ability is outstanding! Found a lot of thing that got by Sandboxie, Malwarebtyes and Zemana AntiMalware and
which those guys miss!

Price wise, just download Dr. Web CureIt and you will get a pop up for additionally 30% to 50% off of the normal price.

4 PC's for about $31.00 for a year. It is a keeper for me.;)

Also, include a lic., key for your mobile phone!

Paranoid mode in Dr.Web Security Space # 11 does and outstanding job.

Last edited:

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Dr.Web Android Read about below:

"August 20, 2014

Russian anti-virus company Doctor Web has updated Dr.Web for Android and Dr.Web for Android Light to versions 9.01.4 and 7.00.14, respectively. The main innovation delivered with this update is a feature that enables users to unlock a device that has been rendered non-operational by locking ransomware. Currently, no other anti-virus products on the market offer this feature. In addition, the update provides other upgrades and fixes for known defects.

The unlock feature for neutralizing handheld lockers, which prohibit users from performing any action with their devices, has been incorporated into the commercial and free version of Dr.Web for Android. It is sufficient to start charging the device and shake it vigorously for all non-system processes to terminate their work. Thus, Dr.Web is even able to deal with blockers not found in its virus database. To date, Dr.Web for Android is the only anti-virus that can free a device that has been locked—even if the whole screen, including the notification bar, has been locked.

In addition, routines for neutralizing threats found in a device's memory have been upgraded."

Link taken from
The unlock feature and other improvements in Dr.Web 9.01.4 for Android and Dr.Web 7.00.14 for Android Light

Reactions: omidomi

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Salutations, Greeting!

Install Dr.Web Security Space # 11 today! Working great! Nice detection of PUP's, unwanted software infections, ect...
Cleaning ability is outstanding! Found a lot of thing that got by Sandboxie, Malwarebtyes and Zemana AntiMalware and
which those guys miss!

Price wise, just download Dr. Web CureIt and you will get a pop up for additionally 30% to 50% off of the normal price.

4 PC's for about $31.00 for a year. It is a keeper for me.;)

Also, include a lic., key for your mobile phone!

Paranoid mode in Dr.Web Security Space # 11 does and outstanding job.

Dr.Web Security Space 11 is the best AIO security product right now thats my honest opinion.
If you ask me, Dr.Web protection is top notch when set to Paranoid Mode however some settings needs to be tune down for usability.
It can be chatty or block good programs and applications while in this mode.

For example if any problems occur during installation of important Microsoft updates or installation and operation of programs (including defragmentation programs), temporarily disable Preventive Protection.
You may need to disable Dr.Web temporarily if your system restore doesn't work as you had expected.

I have issues with these settings when i test it on my computer a while back.
Driver loading - Allow (Ask)
Image File Execution Options - Ask (Block)
Winlogon parameters - Allow (Block)
Winlogon notifiers - Ask (Block)
Policy autorun - Ask (Block)

Personal i don't use any antivirus program in real-time at time being.
Dr.Web isn't perfect though is an excellent security program in my opinion, it doesn't boast like many others.
It's a bit heavy though.

Thanks.

Reactions: Moose

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Dr. Web Security Space work very well with the following software:

> Zemana AntiMalware
> Malwarebyte Ant-Malware

Remember to put into Paranoid mode in Dr.Web Security Space # 11.
Normal mode any other time!

After installing give it a couple of days on your system. And run virus scans the
first 3 days. After that you system should clean!:cool:

Kind regards,

Reactions: bitbizket

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Dr. Web Security Space work very well with the following software:

> Zemana AntiMalware
> Malwarebyte Ant-Malware

Remember to put into Paranoid mode in Dr.Web Security Space # 11.
Normal mode any other time!

After installing give it a couple of days on your system. And run virus scans the
first 3 days. After that you system should clean!:cool:

Kind regards,

I have DR.Web CureIT and MBAM as on demand and ZAM in realtime instead but the end results are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.