Battle Dr.Web Security Space Vs Comodo Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareT

You give me a tough choice,but i'd go with Comodo.

Very light,amazing proactive defense,and it uses 7MB only.

And regarding Dr.Web,also is great,affordable,great detection (i use their Live CD for cleaning) and light. I don't mind for memory usage (up to 300MB).

Reactions: Moose and omidomi

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Comodo: light,good BB.
Dr.Web:great detection,great web detection.
comparison:
detection on file : Dr.Web
detection on site: Dr.Web
interface: equal
Resource Usage : Comodo
support: Dr.Web
System slow down: Comodo
Dr.Web>Comodo
Winner : Dr.Web
but be aware!
Dr.Web company trusted by yandex search engine :D
Dr.Web has very light update files but comodo no (first update over 200mg)

Which has a better detection rate and better cloud?
Dr.Web :)

You give me a tough choice,but i'd go with Comodo.

Very light,amazing proactive defense,and it uses 7MB only.

And regarding Dr.Web,also is great,affordable,great detection (i use their Live CD for cleaning) and light. I don't mind for memory usage (up to 300MB).
270~350

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I've been using Dr.Web for past week as trying to decide which to use for Windows 10 and I find it to offer great protection, with minimal resource usage. I enable parental control as the IT dept. at our hospital said they use it, and it stops a lot of dangerous websites. Comodo's antivirus to extremely poor, yes, the sandbox, firewall etc., is okay, but Dr.Web has preventive protection which stops software accessing critical system files; set this to medium or paranoid and (I would think) nothing could get through.

MisterToto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
I've been using Dr.Web for past week as trying to decide which to use for Windows 10 and I find it to offer great protection, with minimal resource usage. I enable parental control as the IT dept. at our hospital said they use it, and it stops a lot of dangerous websites. Comodo's antivirus to extremely poor, yes, the sandbox, firewall etc., is okay, but Dr.Web has preventive protection which stops software accessing critical system files; set this to medium or paranoid and (I would think) nothing could get through.
I agree with you even if Comodo's automatic sandbox can save your life=) Dr Web still a good solution
I did not choose any of the two because I like both of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.