Expired Driver Genius 10 Professional Edition - Free License

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Driver Genius is normally priced at $29.99 per serial number / license key. But as part of the developer’s giveaway offer, interested users can now download full version Driver Genius 10 Professional Edition with serial key for free. Driver Genius 10 Professional Edition is not the latest version on its branch because the developer has released Driver Genius 12 sometime ago.

Follow below simply steps to grab your free copy:

1. Go to this giveaway page HERE (Page in Italian, use Google Translate if needed), and enter required details.

2, Submit the form and you will get your serial key in a new webpage.

3, Download Driver Genius 10 Professional Edition from links given below and install it.

English: Driver_Genius_10_Professional_UK.exe
ftp://ftp2.avanquest.com/evaluation/DriverGenius/10/UK/Driver_Genius_10_Professional_UK.exe

Deutsch: Driver_Genius_10_Professional_DE_Retail.exe
ftp://ftp2.avanquest.com/evaluation/DriverGenius/10/DE/Driver_Genius_10_Professional_DE_Retail.exe

Italiano: Driver_Genius_10_Professional_IT.exe
ftp://ftp2.avanquest.com/evaluation/DriverGenius/10/IT/Driver_Genius_10_Professional_IT.exe

Français: Driver_Genius_10_Professional_FR.exe
ftp://ftp2.avanquest.com/evaluation/DriverGenius/10/FR/Driver_Genius_10_Professional_FR.exe

4. Once installed, go to “Help” and “Enter Code”. Then unlock full version with received serial key. If you received a message that your license is invalid, please double check the details you entered, especially making sure there are no extra spaces at the end of the license.

Note: Since it is a rather old version, Driver Genius 10 Professional Edition does not support Windows 8!

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I think they are giving away the same license code to everyone, ENJOY :D

Capture.jpg

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
House_maniac said:
i find driver magician to be better thanks for the share

Most Driver Update software are just finding links for the download, and have download manager implemented and you have to install them manually, 1by1, except Uniblue Driver Scanner and Reviversoft Driver Reviver, where download and update is automatically, which I like

Personally, I have DriverPack Solution DVD, and use Driver Reviver for updating outdated drivers, of course there is a BETA version of IObit Driver Booster which also does the job, and it's free :)

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
BoraMurdar said:
House_maniac said:
i find driver magician to be better thanks for the share

Most Driver Update software are just finding links for the download, and have download manager implemented and you have to install them manually, 1by1, except Uniblue Driver Scanner and Reviversoft Driver Reviver, where download and update is automatically, which I like

Personally, I have DriverPack Solution DVD, and use Driver Reviver for updating outdated drivers, of course there is a BETA version of IObit Driver Booster which also does the job, and it's free :)

yes thats what i love about driver magician you can use your download manager to download the driver i'm trying iobit driver booster not bad for a freeware :D

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
These programs will screw your machine right up..
There is absolutely no need to update drivers unless there is a hardware issue which a driver update will fix.

If you use this...Proceed with caution.

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
Amiga500 said:
There is absolutely no need to update drivers unless there is a hardware issue which a driver update will fix.

lol wut ?

Have you even used this program before? Do you even understand WHY drivers are updated ?

Obviously not, go do some research before posting verbal diarrhoea

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Detection said:
Amiga500 said:

lol wut ?

Have you even used this program before? Do you even understand WHY drivers are updated ?

I have enough experience with these programs to know they can do more harm than good and i couldnt give a toss what name this or any other driver updating crapware has.

Your drivers dont need updating unless there is an issue.(do you understand the basic logic here.?)

If you want to pump up your adrenaline until your cork pops while updating needlessly then thats your business and enjoy screwing your computer up,but let the safe users drive the correct way up the highway.

I just hope any newbies reading this digest my post and flush your ill advised crap down the loo where it belongs.

Thanks.

Edited by Littlebits, removed name calling against our rules.

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
Amiga500 said:
Detection said:
Amiga500 said:

lol wut ?

I have enough experience with these programs to know they can do more harm than good and i couldnt give a toss what name this or any other driver updating crapware has.

Your drivers dont need updating unless there is an issue.(do you understand the basic logic here.?)

If you want to pump up your adrenaline until your cork pops while updating needlessly then thats your business and enjoy screwing your computer up,but let the safe users drive the correct way up the highway.

I just hope any newbies reading this digest my post and flush your ill advised crap down the loo where it belongs.

Thanks.

Drivers are released regularly to improve performance and compatibility and fix bugs, you obviously have 0 experience with PCs or you would already know that.

Are you saying that companies such as NVidia and AMD release drivers on a regular basis for the same model cards, for fun ? They are all useless after the first release ?

Geez some people need to take a test before being allowed to use a PC

Keep playing with your extinct computers and even less useful knowledge.

I guess you also think Windows updates are useless because windows worked when you first installed it ?

haha what an absolute joke

Edited by Littlebits, removed name calling against our rules.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Why do i need to update static hardware which was working perfectly well when i purchased the computer.
Its physical state is no different from day 1 so i see no sense in installing drivers for this hardware.
For gaming people..yes an update for the graphics hardware might be beneficial but your suggesting updating willy-nilly and hoping for the best.

Your advice is worthless.
If it aint broke,dont fix it.

From my personal experience these programs are dangerous and dont believe them when they say they are signed,i caught drivermax out doing this and it was dumped and ive never updated a driver since and i have had 0 issues but if you want to chance it and suggest it to others then go for it but lets just hope your computer survives the ordeal.

DRIVERS DONT NEED UPDATING..END OF STORY.!!!!!

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
Ok, so all companies are wrong, and 99% of users are wrong, but you are right, updating is useless. That's why new drivers are released every day around the world. That's why even MS (That is Microsoft) send out driver updates within their Windows Updates.

Enjoy your under performing, vulnerable to attacks, non-compatible with anything made after the 1980s machine

The rest of us with a brain will keep our software updated, and enjoy correctly working machines that are safe online, and do not throw up weird errors that make no sense due to being completely out of date, and work on sites and in games and software they are designed to work with.

The internet moves on, software moves on, hardware moves on, but hey, we don't need to update anything to keep things working smoothly..... yea, ok.

Hey, if you get a new front door with new locks, do you still try to use the old key from the old locks because they don't need updating ?

What about when you're at work and the boss tells you to update your work, do you tell him no because it was fine when I first started here ?

How about your CV? Does it have only your school days written on there? Because it didn't need updating after you finished college and different jobs ?

Drivers do need updating, everything PC related should always be kept up to date, you need to leave this forum, stop giving terrible uneducated and clueless advice, and go and learn something

How about you install Windows 95 on a PC, and see how well you get on using it online for 2013 websites, youtube, facebook etc...

Good job people in this forum have some common sense about them, saying that, I think you would only cause any damage making retarded statements like that in your special school class for special people

Here is a link to explain very basically in child terms why you should update your drivers
http://www.paretologic.com/resources/newsletter/why_update_windows_vista_drivers.aspx

That took me 2 seconds to Google for.....

Oh, and backtracking because I gave a relevant reason for GPU drivers isn't going to play well for you

And please, point out in my posts exactly where I made the statement:

"updating willy-nilly and hoping for the best"

You saying you have enough experience with driver updating programs to know they cause problems tells me YOU updated willy-nilly and it all went wrong

I`ll explain why that happened, 1. Because you don't know what you are talking about or what you are doing when it comes to PCs, and 2. See 1.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
The link you provided for paretologic has a red wot rating by the way.
Anyhow i am not going to continue with juvenile banter with you as it is pointless talking to you.

If you want to screw up your machine then be my guest.
Little experiment for you.
Try installing about 3 different driver updating crapwares then view the results..!
3 different versions of what needs updating.
These utilities are pure bullshit.

I suppose you use registry cleaners as well.
You must enjoy F***ing up your machine.

Thanks.

Edited by Littlebits, removed statements that disrespected members against our rules.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Amiga500 said:
The link you provided for paretologic has a red wot rating by the way.
Anyhow i am not going to continue with juvenile banter with you as it is pointless talking to you.

If you want to screw up your machine then be my guest.
Little experiment for you.
Try installing about 3 different driver updating crapwares then view the results..!
3 different versions of what needs updating.
These utilities are pure bullshit.

I suppose you use registry cleaners as well.
You must enjoy F***ing up your machine.

Thanks.

You are wrong Amiga, you are very wrong... Listen advice sometimes, you don't need to agree, just listen and think...

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Driver updater software never gives each individual system the correct drivers.
Installing the wrong drivers to a system can cause severe corruptions, sometimes requires Windows to be reinstalled to fix the problems.

Let's start from the beginning; first rule don't try to fix what is not broken.
If your hardware is working correctly with an older driver then leave it alone, just because a driver is newer doesn't mean it is better for your system. Many times an older driver is more stable and has less issues than newer drivers.

So why does most driver updater software install wrong drivers to some systems?

1. Some drivers are motherboard specific- the drivers are part of the motherboard chipset. These drivers must only be downloaded from your motherboard's website.
Driver updater software ignore this fact and give you drivers for individual hardware devices instead.

2. Some drivers are OEM specific- the drivers are special drivers that are branded by the OEM vendor like HP, Compaq, IBM, Dell, Gateway, eMachines, etc. These drivers needed to be download only from your OEM vendor's website. Driver updater software also ignore this fact and give you drivers for individual hardware devices instead. For example, some OEM HP system have a special driver for Realtek which is different than the driver from Realtek.

3. Some hardware don't have a driver for some versions of Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 64bit), therefore they can function with Microsoft Generic drivers installed by Windows Updates.
Driver updater software also ignore this fact and give you drivers for the wrong version of Windows or give you 32-bit drivers for a 64-bit system.

4. Some hardware simply don't have any driver updates, even some new hardware maybe using drivers from 2002 and the hardware works just fine.

Driver updater software try to apply the same rule for updating drivers to all systems the same way when they all are different.

So how to do get the correct driver updates?

1. If you have an OEM system, you go to their support website and enter your model of your system and get the drivers from there only.

2. If you have a custom built system, you go your motherboard's support website and only download the drivers from there.

3. If you have added hardware that didn't come with your system then you go to that hardware's support website and get the drivers from there.

4. Windows plug and play feature can use Windows Updates and install a driver for you. Even if the driver is a Microsoft Generic driver, it should function until you can go the the hardware's website to see if there is a better driver from the vendor.

If you can't find any driver updates from your motherboard's website, your OEM vendor's website, your hardware's website or Windows Updates, then you don't have any driver updates that need to be applied to your system.

Once again if your hardware is working correctly then don't brother to install a newer version of the driver(s).

Driver updater software is one of most dangerous software available to a system and most are just scams. They are more dangerous than registry cleaners.

This is mine own statements posted on my website- http://ssupdater.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=10041

These statements are from my experience of working with repairing computers running my own PC Repair Shop for 11 years.

Enjoy!!:D

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Littlebits said:
Driver updater software never gives each individual system the correct drivers.
Installing the wrong drivers to a system can cause severe corruptions, sometimes requires Windows to be reinstalled to fix the problems.

Let's start from the beginning; first rule don't try to fix what is not broken.
If your hardware is working correctly with an older driver then leave it alone, just because a driver is newer doesn't mean it is better for your system. Many times an older driver is more stable and has less issues than newer drivers.

So why does most driver updater software install wrong drivers to some systems?

1. Some drivers are motherboard specific- the drivers are part of the motherboard chipset. These drivers must only be downloaded from your motherboard's website.
Driver updater software ignore this fact and give you drivers for individual hardware devices instead.

2. Some drivers are OEM specific- the drivers are special drivers that are branded by the OEM vendor like HP, Compaq, IBM, Dell, Gateway, eMachines, etc. These drivers needed to be download only from your OEM vendor's website. Driver updater software also ignore this fact and give you drivers for individual hardware devices instead. For example, some OEM HP system have a special driver for Realtek which is different than the driver from Realtek.

3. Some hardware don't have a driver for some versions of Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 64bit), therefore they can function with Microsoft Generic drivers installed by Windows Updates.
Driver updater software also ignore this fact and give you drivers for the wrong version of Windows or give you 32-bit drivers for a 64-bit system.

4. Some hardware simply don't have any driver updates, even some new hardware maybe using drivers from 2002 and the hardware works just fine.

Driver updater software try to apply the same rule for updating drivers to all systems the same way when they all are different.

So how to do get the correct driver updates?

1. If you have an OEM system, you go to their support website and enter your model of your system and get the drivers from there only.

2. If you have a custom built system, you go your motherboard's support website and only download the drivers from there.

3. If you have added hardware that didn't come with your system then you go to that hardware's support website and get the drivers from there.

4. Windows plug and play feature can use Windows Updates and install a driver for you. Even if the driver is a Microsoft Generic driver, it should function until you can go the the hardware's website to see if there is a better driver from the vendor.

If you can't find any driver updates from your motherboard's website, your OEM vendor's website, your hardware's website or Windows Updates, then you don't have any driver updates that need to be applied to your system.

Once again if your hardware is working correctly then don't brother to install a newer version of the driver(s).

Driver updater software is one of most dangerous software available to a system and most are just scams. They are more dangerous than registry cleaners.

This is mine own statements posted on my website- http://ssupdater.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=10041

These statements are from my experience of working with repairing computers running my own PC Repair Shop for 11 years.

Enjoy!!:D

Question for a million $.

A friend gives you a laptop to help him reinstall the system.
- You install Windows 7
- Integrated Graphics by Intel is automatically installed by Windows
- chipset drivers too
- Windows update does it's job ( or you don't use it maybe? in fact, everything was working on my PC and 1 Year before now, my PC is not broken, I can play Angry birds...Why should I update my PC? Dono
But what I know, that I am tired of scared people.

1. IF I GIVE YOU MY DRIVER TO INSTALL IT ON YOUR COMPUTER, DRIVER WILL NOT BE INSTALLED, WINDOWS WILL BLOCK INSTALLATION BECAUSE INCOMPATIBILITY. there is no way installing wrong driver on the computer, there are limits.
2. There are new PCI BUS Soft-Hardware system interactions and stability, performance improvements on graphic and chipset device drivers... always, until new model is out :)
for example ( Intel Driver Update Utility and Driver Genius found the same drivers to update) absolutely the same, the same date, size
Nooooo, they are wrooooong! Intel's engineers are stupid :huh:
Aham, yep!

In some way I agree with Littlebits ,drivers should be downloaded from manufacturer's website, but, lets go back on beginning :

So, you could find every driver on the laptop except Bluetooth Driver, and in unpluged devices in Device Manager there is a Unkown Device with submenu "Base System Device"... hmmmmm:exclamation:

Sisoft Sandra, Everest and HW32Info do not recognize the driver.
You find out that your bluetooth device is manufactured by WIDCOMM® | Broadcom

You find out they have Driver update and install utility, similar as Intel's
but it cannot be installed on your system , for some strange reason. From the log the program created you find out that the program tried to download this file "Broadcom_bluetooth_6.5.1.2700.zip" but unsuccessfully.

Also, you went on manufacturer's website to download the Camera driver, and there is an about 20 different links with similar names and you don't know what is your's to download...

So the question is :
You have to find Broadcom_bluetooth_6.5.1.2700.zip on Google, to find out what is the base system device, and to find which webcam driver is the right one.

What would you do? (dramatic music) :D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
1. IF I GIVE YOU MY DRIVER TO INSTALL IT ON YOUR COMPUTER, DRIVER WILL NOT BE INSTALLED, WINDOWS WILL BLOCK INSTALLATION BECAUSE INCOMPATIBILITY. there is no way installing wrong driver on the computer, there are limits.

That isn't completely true, you can still install wrong drivers to your system.
Beginning with Vista, Microsoft started to block installations of drivers which did not pass the Windows Hardware Compatibility. However that just checks if the driver passed Microsoft's inspection, it doesn't block the installation of wrong drivers. It will block drivers which are for the wrong Windows version and platform that is it. Microsoft even custom built generic drivers to support older hardware available with Windows Updates via Device Manager-check for driver updates. Remember how I said that some OEM/Motherboard drivers are different then the drivers available from the hardware vendor website? Those drivers are not blocked and can very easily be installed.

However many driver update software will force install the drivers anyway despite of the compatibility issues causing the system to be unstable or unable to boot.

When it comes to laptops, when you reinstall Windows you should always use the system recovery included with the laptop or the OEM Windows disc. If you upgrade you should first run Windows Upgrade Adviser to see if the hardware is compatible.

Using an official Windows disc will not include the OEM hardware drivers.
Sometimes these drivers are not available for download, you have to contact the OEM vender and get a recovery Windows disk from them and do a complete reinstall.

I had a customer that reinstalled Windows 7x64 on his laptop with official Windows 7x64 disk instead of using the Acer Recovery software included with his laptop. His Webcam, all Bluetooth devices and touchpad would not work.

I was not able to find any drivers to fix the problem, contacted Acer and they said they would send a recovery disk for about $20 with the needed drivers. They did not offer the drivers for download, they said that they offer an option to reinstall drivers and to make a recovery disk on the recovery software included with the laptop.

Lesson learn, always use the recovery software to reinstall Windows on laptops if you want all of your hardware to work.

Thanks.:D

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
1. You shouldn't be playing with a driver updating program if you are not going to check that the drivers it downloaded are correct and updated versions for your system

2. If you mess up your system by updating the wrong drivers, it is YOUR OWN FAULT

3. If you do not need to update your drivers, explain why manufacturers released updated drivers for your hardware ?

Are manufacturers wrong ? No, you are wrong. Drivers should be updated.

The only time you don't need to update your drivers, is if you build a machine which is not connected to the net, and is used only for simple tasks like notepad, then and then only, outside software influence has no effect on your machine

If you are connected to the net and use your PC like a normal person does, then updating is strongly advised to avoid issues.

Anyone who says otherwise has no experience with PCs, NONE.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.