Expired Driver Genius 10 Professional Edition - Free License

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
Amiga500 said:
The link you provided for paretologic has a red wot rating by the way.
Anyhow i am not going to continue with juvenile banter with you as it is pointless talking to you.

If you want to screw up your machine then be my guest.
Little experiment for you.
Try installing about 3 different driver updating crapwares then view the results..!
3 different versions of what needs updating.
These utilities are pure bullshit.

I suppose you use registry cleaners as well.
You must enjoy F***ing up your machine.

Thanks.

Why would I be as ****ing stupid as to install 3 driver updating programs? WHY?

1 driver updating program is suffice you backward t**t

No, I don't use reg cleaners, why? Because they fk up your machine

And who gives a sh** about what WOT says about that site, I was not recommending that site, I was providing you some simple information on something you are obviously very confused about. But hey, you proved my point, I give you info on why to update, and you try to change the subject by talking about WOT, big fail

Edited by Littlebits, removed name calling and disrespect for other members against our rules.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Detection said:
Amiga500 said:
Anyhow i am not going to continue with juvenile banter with you as it is pointless talking to you.

Try installing about 3 different driver updating crapwares then view the results..!

Thanks.

Why would I be as ****ing stupid as to install 3 driver updating programs? WHY?

And who gives a sh** about what WOT says about that site, I was not recommending that site, I was providing you some simple information on something you are obviously very confused about. But hey, you proved my point, I give you info on why to update, and you try to change the subject by talking about WOT, big fail

How do you know those drivers are correct and how do you know they need updating..?
because a program tells you to..!!

Edited by Littlebits, removed name calling and disrespect for members against our rules.

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
Amiga500 said:
Detection said:
Amiga500 said:

Thanks.

Why would I be as ****ing stupid as to install 3 driver updating programs? WHY? Just because you are as moronic as to do something as backward as that, does not mean other people are

How do you know those drivers are correct and how do you know they need updating..?
because a program tells you to..!!

hahaha WHAT!? How do I know they are the right drivers and how do I know they need updating? LMFAO

Because I check the driver versions maybe? Because I know which drivers are released for my machine maybe ?

Because I understand how to update my system without fking it up maybe ?

Because I have a clue !

Just because you have no knowledge in this field, does not automatically mean than no-one else in the world can possibly know more than you.

If you think that I would run a driver updater, and then only look at what the updater tells me, you are more stupid than I originally thought

I use the driver updater to scan my system, and download the updated drivers to replace the ones it thinks are outdated

THEN........

I look at the ones it downloads, I check them against the ones I have installed, MANUALLY WITH KNOWLEDGE

And THEN, I choose which ones I update myself

I do NOT, let the updater do any other work than download the drivers,

Which shows why I make a living from repairing machines.

Edited by Littlebits, removed name calling and disrespect for other members against our rules.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
I know exactly how you "repairmen" work.
You absolutely love it when the general public screw their systems up,i mean after all that is what keeps you in business,although by judging your general attitude and total lack of customer rapport i an extremely surprised you would be in any business what so ever.

I assume you got lucky then.?
In all honesty i pity the poor fools who would seek any form of advice from you as they themselves must be seriously lacking.

In your last posts you have produced absolutely nothing which backs up your erroneous claims that drivers need updating on a regular basis.
I have had this computer for about 2 years and never updated a driver.

Do yourself a big favour in life and do some thorough research on this topic and you will discover that driver updating has caused hundreds of issues.

I find it laughable that a character like you can run a computer repair business.
I suppose you do it from your home as i cant seriously imagine you would actually have official premises as your attitude is so F**ked up.

In a way its good that you give the wrong advice to people as you knowingly are aware your advice will f**k machines up and guess who the gullible cretins come running to.??......

YOU.!!..lol.

Adios amigo..!!

Edited by Littlebits, remove disrespectful commits.

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
Amiga500 said:
I know exactly how you "repairmen" work.
You absolutely love it when the general public screw their systems up,i mean after all that is what keeps you in business,although by judging your general attitude and total lack of customer rapport i an extremely surprised you would be in any business what so ever.

I assume you got lucky then.?
In all honesty i pity the poor fools who would seek any form of advice from you as they themselves must be seriously lacking.

In your last posts you have produced absolutely nothing which backs up your erroneous claims that drivers need updating on a regular basis.
I have had this computer for about 2 years and never updated a driver.

Do yourself a big favour in life and do some thorough research on this topic and you will discover that driver updating has caused hundreds of issues.

I find it laughable that a character like you can run a computer repair business.
I suppose you do it from your home as i cant seriously imagine you would actually have official premises as your attitude is so F**ked up.

In a way its good that you give the wrong advice to people as you knowingly are aware your advice will f**k machines up and guess who the gullible cretins come running to.??......

YOU.!!..lol.

Adios amigo..!!

I was about to reply but you know what, I am bored, no that doesn't mean I have no reply to your post.

I can sit here and smile though, because tomorrow I wake up and enjoy my nice life, making money from something I enjoy, and knowing I know exactly what I am doing, you however have to wake up hating yourself....... again, and guessing your way through your mishaps

You've owned a machine for 2 years and never updated it, LOL wtf

Im out /

Edited by Littlebits, remove disrespectful commits.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Littlebits said:
1. IF I GIVE YOU MY DRIVER TO INSTALL IT ON YOUR COMPUTER, DRIVER WILL NOT BE INSTALLED, WINDOWS WILL BLOCK INSTALLATION BECAUSE INCOMPATIBILITY. there is no way installing wrong driver on the computer, there are limits.

That isn't completely true, you can still install wrong drivers to your system.
Beginning with Vista, Microsoft started to block installations of drivers which did not pass the Windows Hardware Compatibility. However that just checks if the driver passed Microsoft's inspection, it doesn't block the installation of wrong drivers. It will block drivers which are for the wrong Windows version and platform that is it. Microsoft even custom built generic drivers to support older hardware available with Windows Updates via Device Manager-check for driver updates. Remember how I said that some OEM/Motherboard drivers are different then the drivers available from the hardware vendor website? Those drivers are not blocked and can very easily be installed.

However many driver update software will force install the drivers anyway despite of the compatibility issues causing the system to be unstable or unable to boot.

When it comes to laptops, when you reinstall Windows you should always use the system recovery included with the laptop or the OEM Windows disc. If you upgrade you should first run Windows Upgrade Adviser to see if the hardware is compatible.

Using an official Windows disc will not include the OEM hardware drivers.
Sometimes these drivers are not available for download, you have to contact the OEM vender and get a recovery Windows disk from them and do a complete reinstall.

I had a customer that reinstalled Windows 7x64 on his laptop with official Windows 7x64 disk instead of using the Acer Recovery software included with his laptop. His Webcam, all Bluetooth devices and touchpad would not work.

I was not able to find any drivers to fix the problem, contacted Acer and they said they would send a recovery disk for about $20 with the needed drivers. They did not offer the drivers for download, they said that they offer an option to reinstall drivers and to make a recovery disk on the recovery software included with the laptop.

Lesson learn, always use the recovery software to reinstall Windows on laptops if you want all of your hardware to work.

Thanks.:D

That's all good but you didn't answered my question :p
Example, it was a hard virus attack, hard disk is formatted, there are no Recovery disks,no money, only Windows 7 disk and the internet. Don't get me wrong but your methods are maybe limited...

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
In my country...sadly...there are many laptops and desktop computers that still have DDR1 memory, 512mb up to 1GB, with hards of 80GB, graphic memories of 128 or 256 mb, no internet connection...

Encountering numberless times having to fix them, with infected system where Windows XP is installed on logical partition o_O, and system partition is full with data which needed to be saved, without having an external hard disk or memory stick around, with no system reserved partition or backup partition. There were times, some years ago, when we have an internet connection but installation of Windows XP didn't preinstalled ethernet driver, so we couldn't download drivers because we cannot access the internet 'cuz wireless driver couldn't be obtained from official sites stop supporting that ancient wireless or ethernet card. :)

There were sometimes so complicated situations that I cannot explain. And that's only software-type...
In that situations driver update or driver detection software could solve problems, DriverPack Solution came as God's gift in some dead-end situations.

Nowadays is much easier, internet is everywhere, technical support is much more...well, supportive :)
Every PC or Laptop come with preinstalled OS, with recovery disk and drivers disk, system backup partitions and stuff.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
I cannot believe these programs are still being advocated.
I have updated my laptop except for the drivers and never had a problem.

Enjoy screwing up your machines folks.

Over and out.

Mantys

Jul 3, 2013
I agree with Amiga500 (that was my old computer in eighties!)
I don't know paretologic software but when I must install a new Windows operative system I usually use http://drivergenius.eu/, very good for drivers backup and restore.

Amiga500 said:
I cannot believe these programs are still being advocated.
I have updated my laptop except for the drivers and never had a problem.

Enjoy screwing up your machines folks.

Over and out.

Mantys

Jul 3, 2013
Another thing, now the version is already 12, but remember that even the 10 was quite good

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.