Expired DriverMax (1 year for free)

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://drivermax.de/newsletter-aktion-z2e94f0/
How to get a license
How to activate your software Enter your name and email address. Then click on "Send". You will receive an email with the serial number.
For free software there is no free technical support as well as no updates.
[COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][B]12 HOURS Remaining[/B][/COLOR]
[URL='https://drivermax.de/newsletter-aktion-z2e94f0/']Newsletter Aktion – DriverMax[/URL]

Mohammad.poorya

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 10, 2018
DriverMax (1 year for free)

DriverMax only for Windows. Driver update software.

How to activate your software Enter your name and email address. Then click on "Send". You will receive an email with the serial number.
12 HOURS Remaining
Newsletter Aktion – DriverMax

HazB

Level 1
Verified
Nov 2, 2015
Successfully installed and registered to DriverMax Pro status.

DriverMax Pro then performs scan & determines available driver updates, but subsequently refuses to download driver updates, citing this promotional benefit is only available to residents of Germany.

Program's Pro registration remains intact, but Pro-level downloads are blocked.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Four hits on VT as a riskware.
You'll get the same (if not more detections) for any driver update software. Despite popular belief, no driver update software comes with or installs malware, but many av vendors consider driver updaters and other cleaners and systen utilities as PUPs these days. Also, driver update software and other PUPs are often wrongly detected as trojans or other forms of malware.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
I'd stay away from DriverMax.

And I'm not anti-driver-update.

I tried DriverMax, and.... one, it gave me incorrect drivers. And secondly, it uses tricks to make it very hard to uninstall. Even two different uninstallers could not remove it.

In the case of DriverMax, it is a PUP.

Just search on "DriverMax PUP" or "DriverMax Malware." And you will see..

Maybe try DriverBooster, or the one @roger_m recommended.... which I don't remember the name of..

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Maybe try DriverBooster, or the one @roger_m recommended.... which I don't remember the name of..
DriverHub works well, but it does come bundled with extra software. This will not be an issue if you pay attention when installing it and opt out of installing the extra software. It's free and often will find more driver updates and drivers for devices with no driver installed than other driver update software.

It's worth noting that all driver update software can cause issues, so should be used with care.

I haven't seen the issues you have with DriverMax. But one potential problem with it, is that it sometimes installs custom video drivers. These are user modified drivers, rather than the offical ones from the OEM.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014

I tried DriverMax, and.... one, it gave me incorrect drivers. And secondly, it uses tricks to make it very hard to uninstall. Even two different uninstallers could not remove it.

Thank you for the warning,seems like most sources recommend staying away from driver software.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Easy to uninstall with Shadow Defender. how long does it take to get the e-mail back?

Last edited by a moderator:

HazB

Level 1
Verified
Nov 2, 2015
Based upon the abundance of caution offered here, uninstalled DriverMax quite easily using past giveaways RegOrganizer/SoftOrganizer, except for a few incidental registry entries that I searched out and removed manually.

Reactions: AtlBo and roger_m

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Based upon the abundance of caution offered here, uninstalled DriverMax quite easily using past giveaways RegOrganizer/SoftOrganizer, except for a few incidental registry entries that I searched out and removed manually.
There was no need to uninstall it, if you liked using it. There is nothing malicious about it. Just about any driver update software will be classisifed as a PUP (or even wrongly identified as malware) by some security software. But it sometimes will install drivers that are incompaitble or can cause issues, just like any driver update software.

I'd be careful using Reg Organizer, as sometimes it will want to delete needed registry keys.

george

Level 1
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2014
I use 3dp chip (free) for driver updates, pay attention when installing it and opt out of installing the extra software.

obity

May 25, 2019
DriverMax (1 year for free)

View attachment 209945

DriverMax only for Windows. Driver update software.

12 HOURS Remaining
Newsletter Aktion – DriverMax
HI THEY WONT GIVE A KEY TO USA THIS WHAT THEY SEND ME your software: Activation code: DMX-COUNTRY-NOT-ALLOWED thank you

Reactions: zoran popovic

Caps Lock

Jan 3, 2020
I have been using it for 6 months now, and there’s almost nothing to complain about.
I used a free version, and it applies some restrictions: checking for driver updates, not every day, but once a week, the ability to install only 2 drivers per day. But these are not such serious flaws to abandon this utility.
During installation, you will have to create an account by entering the email address. It is necessary for subsequent updates of the program itself. The program will not work if you do not install the latest version, the release of which it informs on time.
The utility performs its functions perfectly and timely informs about the release of new drivers, offering to download and install them. At the same time, it recommends creating a backup copy of the updated driver, which I tell you, based on personal experience, should not be neglected. My opinion on DriverMax is positive

Reactions: zoran popovic

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.