Troubleshoot Drivers updates keep failing windows 10

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Hello! I am very sorry for my inactivity the last period for I had some exams. Well, My laptop ( Acer E5-573-37HY) had failed me! I have installed Windows 10 anniversary update which caused some minor issues with the system. First, The Intel HD Graphics Driver update ( available through windows update ) keeps failing when I try to install! I don't know why this happens. I roll back the driver from windows device manager but windows keeps installing the same update which fails to install.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Hello, here some official steps:

"To temporarily prevent the driver from being reinstalled until a new driver fix is available, a troubleshooter is available that provides a user interface to hide and show Windows updates and drivers for Windows 10.

The following troubleshooter is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:

Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now."

--------------------------

Source

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-windows-10

Upvote 0

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Hello, here some official steps:

"To temporarily prevent the driver from being reinstalled until a new driver fix is available, a troubleshooter is available that provides a user interface to hide and show Windows updates and drivers for Windows 10.

The following troubleshooter is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:

Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now."

--------------------------

Source

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-windows-10

Thank you very much for your help! Before 10 mins the driver has been installed successfully ( I don't know how ) but I noticed something strange after the update ( Anniversary update ). The startup takes longer time. This is shown in this video. As you can see the white circle keeps moving even the Acer logo has disappeared.

Upvote 0

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Thank you very much for your help! Before 10 mins the driver has been installed successfully ( I don't know how ) but I noticed something strange after the update ( Anniversary update ). The startup takes longer time. This is shown in this video. As you can see the white circle keeps moving even the Acer logo has disappeared.
Yeah, it happened something similar also to me ...very slow startup...
But after the next reboots, the situation has returned to normality.

Reactions: Pearl96
Upvote 0

Hello! I am very sorry for my inactivity the last period for I had some exams. Well, My laptop ( Acer E5-573-37HY) had failed me! I have installed Windows 10 anniversary update which caused some minor issues with the system. First, The Intel HD Graphics Driver update ( available through windows update ) keeps failing when I try to install! I don't know why this happens. I roll back the driver from windows device manager but windows keeps installing the same update which fails to install.

Windows Update will try to install drivers that aren't meant for your system. If it doesn't install - and nothing is broken - just ignore it...

Reactions: Pearl96
Upvote 0

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
You could download the video driver from Intel and install it manually; that should get Windows to shut up about it.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. In fact, I tried doing that but when I try to install the driver downloaded from intel, a message says the driver can't be installed because an earlier vendor version. This is what I remember from the message. What I get is that the driver downloaded from my Acer account is special and optimized for my laptop and can't be updated through intel itself

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.