Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
DuckDuckGo a search engine you can explore with the new experience, they don't track you thus its privacy free.

DuckDuckGo is an Internet search engine. It uses information from crowd-sourced sites (such as Wikipedia) to augment traditional results and improve relevance. The search engine policy emphasizes privacy and does not record user information.[2] The company is based in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.
Some of the code of DuckDuckGo is free software distributed at GitHub under Perl 5 license.

Read More

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
DuckDuckGo is a great search option. I use to use something similar to this before Google became famous. The one that I used was DogPile.

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
I've been using this search engine with FF for a couple of months in an effort to enhance my online privacy, and ween myself away from Google.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I think you're more of a Bing user, but won't admit it. :p

FlyToAllWorld said:
not google not good

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Moose said:
Hand down better:

https://www.epicsearch.in/

https://privatelee.com

Great Search Engine because add WOT safe navigation on the WEB; Enabel Flag and Favicon.
I Like it.
Can you propose anothers Search Engine with these characteristics or better?
Thank you

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Moose said:
Here you go Qrobe.it Search Engine: http://qrobe.it/

It´s great and similar the Privatelee.

I look with careful Duckduckgo and i think it was a amazing choise because keep far dangerous internet acess.

You can select for a home page as opposed the Google.com and offer many security tools against devil intruders hackers.

He´s suggest extensions who protect the security of laptop like:
-DoNotTrackMe
-HTTPS Everywhere
-BetterPrivacy for Firefox
-Disconnect
-Ghostery
-AD Block Plus

is worth not having the extension flag...

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Personally I don't think any search engine can match Google. Yes I know there's privacy concerns with Google, but it's the best search engine available imho. I understand why people try to steer clear of it due to privacy. My question is if you avoid Google for privacy reasons where does it all stop? Do you only use vpn's or tor? Do you stop using windows and switch to linux to protect privacy? Do you stop shopping online? Trust me if organizations such as the NSA want to track your web browsing there's not a fat lot you can do about it. For me, getting rid of Google would be cutting my nose off to spite my face.

Reactions: Gnosis

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I like using "DuckDuckGo". I find I like switching back & forth between Ixquick/Startpage & DuckDuckGo. Would there be more privacy using the HTTP/SSL Google search engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.