Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Wonder why ad/tracking hosts is set by default at 'Don't Block' :huh:
Would appreciate any users comments.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
but, we can be individually set to "Don't block", "Alert", "Block and notify" or "Block silently"
why by default is set to "Don't block"?
because, it's for advanced users. which want modify many settings with details.

the function of that is protecting us from suspicious websites when we browsing on the net.
for me, I set to default and No problem. :)

hopefully my answer is what you want to know.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Ad/tracking hosts - Hosts used for advertising and tracking purposes.
I think its on Don't block because a lot of websites have various ad services embedded in web pages and the process isn't really malicious so having it on Alert or Block and notify/Block silently would cause more problems than benefits.
My advice would be to leave it on Don't block as I'm sure a lot of site use ads or tracking services. :)

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Thanks guys, just as i suspected.
EAM is new to me so feeling my way around, but very impressed overall.
I have other layers to prevent ads/tracking anyhow so not really necessary, just curious why :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.