enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
WPD is a tool for exploring, understanding and tweaking Windows 10 privacy settings. We've seen many of these, you have too, but the program does have some unusual extras which help it stand out from the crowd.

The interface is up-to-date, for instance. The developer hasn't got it right in every area, but the program does actually look like it was written for Windows 10.

Hitting Privacy allows enabling or disabling more than 30 Group Policy, Windows services or scheduled tasks. Many of these are described "briefly", to put it politely - "UsbCeip", "dmwappushservice", "Sqm-Tasks" - but there's often helpful text which explains what the service does, and in some cases what might happen if it's disabled.

By default the program can use Windows Firewall rules to block access to specific telemetry-related IP addresses. It can also copy the IP addresses to the clipboard, allowing you to use them in the HOSTS file or anywhere else.

A bonus Uninstall option allows uninstalling some or all standard Windows apps from your PC. This generally isn't a good idea and can have unexpected effects, so only try this if you're sure it's necessary and you're confident you can recover if something goes wrong.

DOWNLOAD

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
Windows Privacy Dashboard

wpd1.png

wpd2.jpg

100% clean : Antivirus scan for db6bf5173197e0104c032744219ca16a4fdba8b625192e84bf2d0b65852d31d6 at 2017-06-27 10:31:23 UTC - VirusTotal

Last edited:

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Hmm, not so much differents about sooo many kind of tweakers in internet. Those like many tweaker in internet could of course made pretty quickly in setting/privacy....

But, everyone do whatever they want or believe :) I have done my own custom regtweaks and other tweaks that it take weeks to have it in correctly complete, now i have to just do clean install, and click/ some patch/bat/reg etc... and thats it. Of course i have clone for that. So i do prefer manually tweaking, altrought it's hard way, but i have live in hard way and so i do not fall pretty easily, hahaha!

Spam number * 393 !!! LvL 9, here i come :p @SHvFl ;)

Edit: Forgot, Thanks @pablozi for share!

Last edited:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Hmm, not so much differents about sooo many kind of tweakers in internet. Those like many tweaker in internet could of course made pretty quickly in setting/privacy....

But, everyone do whatever they want or believe :) I have done my own custom regtweaks and other tweaks that it take weeks to have it in correctly complete, now i have to just do clean install, and click/ some patch/bat/reg etc... and thats it. Of course i have clone for that. So i do prefer manually tweaking, altrought it's hard way, but i have live in hard way and so i do not fall pretty easily, hahaha!

Spam number * 393 !!! LvL 9, here i come :p @SHvFl ;)

Edit: Forgot, Thanks @pablozi for share!
Agreed many thanks to @pablozi for a great share. ;)

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
New version just released

1.1.475 7/03/2017

• Appx package errors no longer terminate WPD.
1.1.474 7/02/2017

• Added ability to create system restore point.
  • Added new settings to the Tweaker tab.
  • Added Windows 8-8.1 support.
  • Updated firewall rules.
  • Better error handling.
  • Minor fixes.
Get it here

WPD: Windows Privacy Dashboard

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
In the Privacy section how do you revert back to the original settings after Disabling All?

Thanks

EASTER

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2017
The first thing for me is to eliminate the store apps. Who needs it, I never liked the apps. Much less that windows do it seem to android cell phone system. Telemetry is a blow to the shell. But the worst of all is that it feels laggi because of all that. Thanks the program will help me to improve my privacy.

Absolute Top Performance is a key attribute to any working system as such also with this O/S and for many of us we have no choice but to agree with the statement "Telemetry is a blow to the shell".

I come to expect that with every release of windows a complete re-modification routine of adjustments also is necessary to realize your select machine's full energy capacity is allowed to operate with peak uninterrupted efficiency.

That means uninhibited by those additions which work to throttled it down and choke off it's potential. Windows will always be a sound framework only O/S IMHO and I mean that in a positive light. It is up to the operator to add or detach elements to better prepare it for the long term.

Reactions: monsterturckpa

orthonovum

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2017
yes! this let me get rid of paint3d and the store app! thanks

Still need to get rid of mixed reality portal somehow but I am closer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.