Eassos System Restore - A Working Version of RollBackRX for Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I can't find it on Giveaway Of The Day, Have you got a link? And thank you for the share.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Why is this software comparable to RollbackRx, rather than to Macrium Reflect?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Well they changed it, the earlier 2.0 was like rollback, saved the images to C:

Now I notice you can put them on any drive.

SEE THIS VIDEO FOR DETAILS:

I mean, does it virtualize the system, like Rollback does?

Reactions: ZeroDay

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
So here's little info for Eassos speed and other things;

1: First BackUp: whole system with whole my documents and setting what is currently size 75gb!! it took 7 minutes.

2: First Restore: Took about 7,30 minutes/75gb on my offline usb drive!!!

3: Conclusion: So fair enough, all is like it should be, smooooth! Now i have 4 different offline usb drive and 2 different BackUp and Restore software. Hahaha, so my stuff is pretty much safe, if one usb drive crashed, no worries!!! I got 3 more to safe my long time work my current setting and documents etc :p & I try after that my long time old friend Macrium to do restore, all went smooth as well and time was pretty much same as Eassos.

There is pretty much nice settings to do backup and bootable rescue disk etc... So Macrium points scale 1 to 10 is Macrium 9 & Eassos 9 also, so both are reliable solution to safe your work and settings and there are of course Paragon & Aomei etc solutions, but hmm.. i think it was pretty much here, so check it out MT peeps!

- BC

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I mean, does it virtualize the system, like Rollback does?
A typical backup & Restore s/w, nothing more or less. It doesn't implement virtualization.
What all it provides:
Eassos System Restore enables you to back up everything in system drive including operating system, installed applications, system settings and personal data. Backups can be password protected, to prevent unauthorized restore, and restoration can be done easily while inside Windows or from bootable recovery USB/DVD/CD, which allows you to restore your system even when Windows fails to boot. It supports GPT/UEFI based computers
Looks no different from the other backup software available.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy and shmu26

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
One issue I Dose not see my External hard drives , or it dose not like seagate.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
When it comes to system backup apps, you should use one that is really reliable.
This is a new product on the market. Maybe it is great, maybe not.
Let it prove itself before you rely on it to save your system.

Reactions: Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
One issue I Dose not see my External hard drives , or it dose not like seagate.
1. Did you check whether your HDD shows up in the "Show Disk Details"?
Screenshot (1011).png
2. Does your HDD have enough space to store a system backup?
I don't have an HDD, my USB is shown in "Show disk details" but not in backup location options, possibly due to storage non-availability.

Reactions: Warrior

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
When it comes to system backup apps, you should use one that is really reliable.
This is a new product on the market. Maybe it is great, maybe not.
Let it prove itself before you rely on it to save your system.
It's a company established in 2010 and
Currently, we have accumulated over 45,000,000 wonderful users, covering over 160 countries and regions. We will never stop moving forward.
... though we haven't heard much about their products ;) Sure, the giveaway will help them with their userbase a lot.
Also, it's Chinese!

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
worked it out , It did not show up in Show Disk Details ,
So format and split it , it was 4 TB now 2 TB X 2 TB
now it shows up in Show Disk Details and it works fine ,
Dont think it could read it as a 4 TB ,

RBRX 10.7 fixed the driver blocking by Program Compatibility Server\Secure Boot on Windows 10.

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
Be careful of this thing unless you have other means of recovery. I installed it and setup up a backup. When I went to start the restore it wanted to reboot and said it would modify the mbr. I aborted and went to do a macrium restore. System was hung and all it would boot to is a grub thing. It had already changed the mbr. No thank you. I was able to restore with other programs.

Reactions: Warrior and shmu26
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.