• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 85179
  • Start date

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Well i tested ebay site on different browser i go to ebay on Edge for the first time yea i see "check" then i click "Refresh icon" again "check" is gone i tried refresh 2-3 times no found "check" i clear the browser (cookies, cached and data) i close Edge and open it again then i go to ebay its there! i tried different browser Edge & Chrome without uBlock Origin same its there!, it mean you havent visited ebay for a while on the browser so you go to ebay again it found "check" in without uBlock Origin. If you visited ebay in the same browser before i think you might not see "check" you have to clear cookied, cached and site data then you will see ''check''

With uBlock Origin you can see "check'' text red in any browser (chromium) except Firefox you cant see ''Check" which blocked it

in Vivaldi/Edge/Chrome i saw check.js text red it mean blocked?

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
SumTingWong Refreshing the page after loading like that won't work. It has to be like this 👇 I also tested on Private browsing mode so it probably don't show up when it already has cache on the browser.

CyberTech You're right. If the cache is there then it doesn't load. I always checked in Private/Incognito mode that's why I have it always except refreshing the page.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
SumTingWong Refreshing the page after loading like that won't work. It has to be like this 👇 I also tested on Private browsing mode so it probably don't show up when it already has cache on the browser.

CyberTech You're right. If the cache is there then it doesn't load. I always checked in Private/Incognito mode that's why I have it always except refreshing the page.

UBO on Chrome block

But UBO on Firefox is ???

Both UBO on both browsers have EasyPrivacy filter enable and up-to-date.

Video here

Reactions: [correlate]

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Well first of all, you have to clear ebay cookie, cache and site date then open the logger and then go to ebay site you will see "check"

Can see "check" :
Dont block 3rd party scripts
Dont refresh ebay page

Cant see "check":
block 3rd party scripts (i dont know why)
refresh after loading it

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Well first of all, you have to clear ebay cookie, cache and site date then open the logger and then go to ebay site you will see "check"

Can see "check" :
Dont block 3rd party scripts
Dont refresh ebay page

Cant see "check":
block 3rd party scripts (i dont know why)
refresh after loading it

I see it now. Thanks.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Oh no

This list includes Netflix, Target, Walmart, ESPN, Lloyd Bank, HSN, Telecharge, Ticketmaster, TripAdvisor, PaySafeCard, and possibly even Microsoft.

Must read its important

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
A recent update to an ad block filter list now allows the uBlock Origin extension to block most of the known sites that perform port scans of your local Windows computer.

A few weeks ago, we reported that eBay is using fraud detection scripts that port scan a visitor's computer for Windows remote access programs.

Full article

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.