Echo1's Configuration

echo1

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 18, 2014
Here's my configuration. Those who have read MT's Malware Removal Guide will see its influence on my configuration. I also believe in trying to keep at least two applications of the same type on my system. That doesn't mean the apps are running at the same time. Some are and some aren't. It's situationally dependent on whether they conflict with each other or cause problems on my computer. All comments and critiques are welcome.

Reactions: Adhit Prakosho

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are all those on-demand scanning tools required?

I've used Wise products before, just be fully awake :eek: before removing/deleting files from your system. As with any disk / registry cleaners they can cause issues with the OS, if not careful.

echo1

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 18, 2014
Are all those on-demand scanning tools required?

I've used Wise products before, just be fully awake :eek: before removing/deleting files from your system. As with any disk / registry cleaners they can cause issues with the OS, if not careful.

If you look at MT's Malware Removal Guide, you'll see those on demand scanners are used to detect malware infections and assist in eradication of same. I thought the Malware Removal Guide provided a very detailed approach to cleaning an infected system, so yes, they are required.

I concur that disk/registry cleaners need to be used with care.

Thanks for your feedback.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I am personally a fan of CCleaner.That is all I use and anything else is done manually.You are an advanced user so you are fine with using wise products however the basic or medium level users might cause more harm than good using these type of programs.Many of these are given away constantly and its a good idea for the advanced users here to caution members on the use of these type of programs.

echo1

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 18, 2014
I am personally a fan of CCleaner.That is all I use and anything else is done manually.You are an advanced user so you are fine with using wise products however the basic or medium level users might cause more harm than good using these type of programs.Many of these are given away constantly and its a good idea for the advanced users here to caution members on the use of these type of programs.

I agree on all counts. Thanks again.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.