qua3k

Level 1
Jul 18, 2021
Yes, QUIC speeds up your browser. However, if you value your privacy keep the QUIC flag disabled

Read post #124 below

Suggest not disabling HTTP/3(QUIC). It’s enabled by default in every major browser except Safari, and while it does present tracking opportunities(HTTP/2 also presents some concerns; you shouldn’t disable it either), disabling it only serves to make you more unique as one of the only users on the latest browser version but w/o QUIC enabled.

SFox

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
What flags do you recommend to enable / disable in the latest current version of the browser (version 95)?

Reactions: oldschool

Kees1958

Level 7
Verified
Sep 5, 2021
I have set the flags below and did not encounter website breakage (until now), but as always mileage may vary, so use at your own risk!
1637074822430.png

oldschool

Level 64
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
What flags do you recommend to enable / disable in the latest current version of the browser (version 95)?
Same as @Kees1958 plus
Code:
Show block option in autoplay settings
If enabled, block will appear as an option in media autoplay settings.
Code:
Experimental Tracking Prevention Features
Enables upcoming and experimental improvements to Tracking Prevention.

TairikuOkami

Level 31
Verified
Top poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Code:
 Disabled #heavy-ad-privacy-mitigations
 Disabled #edge-omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-scheme (to be able to see the full URL)
 Disabled #edge-omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-trivial-subdomains (to be able to see the full URL)
 Disabled #edge-share-menu
 Disabled #edge-show-feature-recommendations (it asks you to use Bing)
 Disabled #enable-quic (Google spying)
 Disabled #tab-hover-cards (I find it annoying)

Enabled #block-insecure-private-network-requests
 Enabled #disallow-doc-written-script-loads
 Enabled #edge-automatic-https
 Enabled #edge-enable-super-duper-secure-mode
 Enabled #edge-pc-ui-integration (Windows 11 only)
 Enabled #strict-extension-isolation

Kees1958

Level 7
Verified
Sep 5, 2021
I have a bit difficulty in interpreting deterministic in this context, maybe someone with better English understanding could explain

##heavy-ad-privacy-mitigations
Enables privacy mitigations for the heavy ad intervention. Disabling this makes the intervention deterministic. Defaults to enabled.

oldschool

Level 64
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I have a bit difficulty in interpreting deterministic in this context, maybe someone with better English understanding could explain
I read deterministic to be the same as "variable". But, "deterministic of what?" is what I'd like to know. I never really understood G's explanation of this feature. I always found it vague .

Edit: I never bothered to read about it but here you go: Handling Heavy Ad Interventions | Web | Google Developers
Setting chrome://flags/#enable-heavy-ad-intervention to Enabled activates the new behavior, but by default there is some noise and variability added to the thresholds to protect user privacy. Setting chrome://flags/#heavy-ad-privacy-mitigations to Disabled prevents this, meaning the restrictions are applied deterministically, purely according to the limits. This should make debugging and testing easier.

SFox

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Configured as follows.
Enable:
# Anonymize local IPs exposed by WebRTC
# Automatic HTTPS
# Block scripts loaded via document.write
# Block insecure private network requests.
# Super Duper Secure Mode
# Strict-Origin-Isolation
Disable:
# Experimental QUIC protocol

Last edited: