Advice Request The best experimental flags for Microsoft Edge (edge://flags)

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 85179
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I have a bit difficulty in interpreting deterministic in this context, maybe someone with better English understanding could explain
I read deterministic to be the same as "variable". But, "deterministic of what?" is what I'd like to know. I never really understood G's explanation of this feature. I always found it vague .

Edit: I never bothered to read about it but here you go: Handling Heavy Ad Interventions | Web | Google Developers
Setting chrome://flags/#enable-heavy-ad-intervention to Enabled activates the new behavior, but by default there is some noise and variability added to the thresholds to protect user privacy. Setting chrome://flags/#heavy-ad-privacy-mitigations to Disabled prevents this, meaning the restrictions are applied deterministically, purely according to the limits. This should make debugging and testing easier.

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Configured as follows.
Enable:
# Anonymize local IPs exposed by WebRTC
# Automatic HTTPS
# Block scripts loaded via document.write
# Block insecure private network requests.
# Super Duper Secure Mode
# Strict-Origin-Isolation
Disable:
# Experimental QUIC protocol

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 92963

Thread author
Flags I have enabled:

#enable-webrtc-hide-local-ips-with-mdns - enabled
#disallow-doc-written-script-loads - enabled
#block-insecure-private-network-requests -enabled
#edge-msb-all-dse - disabled
#edge-digsig-enabled-pdf - enabled
#edge-automatic-https - enabled
#strict-extension-isolation - enabled
#strict-origin-isolation - enabled
#heavy-ad-privacy-mitigations - enabled

I am unsure about a few flags, maybe others can provide feedback (please post your comments):
  • The Block scripts loaded via document.write
    It as old as Methusalems beard and originally only intended as performance improvement, now it is classified as bad practice in website design, but why is this setting still available?

• Allow Microsoft Search with Bing for any default search engine
    I am wondering whether this 'corporate searches' refers to the Edge business version. I have disabled this, just to be sure, to prevent all my DuckDuckGo search request being copied to Bing also.

• Enable Digital Signature for PDF
    Most PDF's are not signed, but i do want to block PDF's with an invalid signature pretending to be safe. Probably not a useful flag, but I thought that it could not hurt to enable it.

• Heavy ad privacy mitigations
    With so little information on this flag (heavy ad blocking becomes deterministic), I assume that this is related to the sensitivity analysis whether or not this mitigation kicks-in. I have enabled it for quite some time, but I can't remember blocking something. So either it works seamlessly behind the scenes or it is useless in practice with Edge anti-tracking and uBlockOrigin on board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Code:
 Disabled #heavy-ad-privacy-mitigations
 Disabled #edge-omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-scheme (to be able to see the full URL)
 Disabled #edge-omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-trivial-subdomains (to be able to see the full URL)
 Disabled #edge-share-menu
 Disabled #edge-show-feature-recommendations (it asks you to use Bing)
 Disabled #enable-quic (Google spying)
 Disabled #tab-hover-cards (I find it annoying)

Enabled #block-insecure-private-network-requests
 Enabled #disallow-doc-written-script-loads
 Enabled #edge-automatic-https
 Enabled #edge-enable-super-duper-secure-mode
 Enabled #edge-pc-ui-integration (Windows 11 only)
 Enabled #strict-extension-isolation
I am curious as to what this flag did?

Enabled #edge-pc-ui-integration (Windows 11 only)

I say did because I am not seeing it in the latest version of Edge and I am running Windows 11 Enterprise.

These are my flags. Any other suggestions?

1643003054625.png

Reactions: Nevi

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
Flags I have enabled:

#heavy-ad-privacy-mitigations - enabled

I am unsure about a few flags, maybe others can provide feedback (please post your comments):
  • The Block scripts loaded via document.write
    It as old as Methusalems beard and originally only intended as performance improvement, now it is classified as bad practice in website design, but why is this setting still available?

• Allow Microsoft Search with Bing for any default search engine
    I am wondering whether this 'corporate searches' refers to the Edge business version. I have disabled this, just to be sure, to prevent all my DuckDuckGo search request being copied to Bing also.

• Enable Digital Signature for PDF
    Most PDF's are not signed, but i do want to block PDF's with an invalid signature pretending to be safe. Probably not a useful flag, but I thought that it could not hurt to enable it.

• Heavy ad privacy mitigations
    With so little information on this flag (heavy ad blocking becomes deterministic), I assume that this is related to the sensitivity analysis whether or not this mitigation kicks-in. I have enabled it for quite some time, but I can't remember blocking something. So either it works seamlessly behind the scenes or it is useless in practice with Edge anti-tracking and uBlockOrigin on board.
does extension isolation gave you any problems?

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

Thread author
Updated flags (thx @oldschool and @TairikuOkami)

Privacy
#enable-quic - disabled

Security

Useability
#edge-autoplay-user-setting-block-option - enables

Last edited by a moderator:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I am curious as to what this flag did?
It enabled Windows 11 visuals on Edge, basically just transparency, but it is removed, since it is already integrated by default.

Code:
rem Disabled #heavy-ad-privacy-mitigations
rem Disabled #edge-omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-scheme
rem Disabled #edge-omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-trivial-subdomains
rem Disabled #edge-show-feature-recommendations
rem Disabled #enable-quic

rem Enabled #block-insecure-private-network-requests
rem Enabled #disallow-doc-written-script-loads
rem Enabled #edge-automatic-https
rem Enabled #edge-enable-super-duper-secure-mode
rem Enabled #strict-extension-isolation

rem =================================== Windows Policies ===================================
rem ------------------------------------ Microsoft Edge ------------------------------------

rem https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-relnote-stable-channel
rem https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/DeployEdge/microsoft-edge-policies
rem https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319
rem rem https://admx.help/?Category=EdgeChromium
rem edge://policy

rem reg delete "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /f
rem reg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /f

rem ________________________________________________________________________________________
rem Automatic HTTPS functionality / 0 - Disabled / 1 - Switch to supported domains / 2 - Always
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AutomaticHttpsDefault" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem 1 - AllowJavaScriptJit / 2 - BlockJavaScriptJit (Do not allow any site to run JavaScript JIT)
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultJavaScriptJitSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - DeveloperToolsAllowed / 2 - DeveloperToolsDisallowed (Don't allow using the developer tools)
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DeveloperToolsAvailability" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem 1 - Allow users to open files using the DirectInvoke protocol
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DirectInvokeEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Disable taking screenshots
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DisableScreenshots" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Allow sending URLs to Microsoft Bing to search for related recommendations
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "EdgeDiscoverEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow Google Cast to connect to Cast devices on all IP addresses, Edge trying to connect to 239.255.255.250 via UDP port 1900
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "EnableMediaRouter" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow QUIC protocol
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "QuicAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow remote debugging
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "RemoteDebuggingAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow screen capture
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "ScreenCaptureAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow notifications to set Microsoft Edge as default PDF reader
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "ShowPDFDefaultRecommendationsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow Speech Recognition
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "SpeechRecognitionEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow video capture
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "VideoCaptureAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem =================================== Windows Policies ===================================
rem ------------------------------------ Microsoft Edge ------------------------------------
rem ..................................... Appearances ......................................

rem 0 - Show share button
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "ConfigureShare" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Show Collections button
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "EdgeCollectionsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Show favorites bar
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "FavoritesBarEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Show Math Solver button
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "MathSolverEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Show home button
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "ShowHomeButton" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Show feedback button
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "UserFeedbackAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Show tab actions menu (Show vertical tabs)
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "VerticalTabsAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Show web capture button
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "WebCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem ________________________________________________________________________________________
rem 1 - Enables background updates to the list of available templates for Collections and other features that use templates
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "BackgroundTemplateListUpdatesEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Enable Web Widget
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "WebWidgetAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem .............................. Cookies and site permissions ............................

rem Motion or light sensors / 1 - AllowSensors / 2 - BlockSensors
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultSensorsSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem PDF Documents
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AlwaysOpenPdfExternally" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem File Editing / 2 - BlockFileSystemRead / 3 - AskFileSystemRead
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultFileSystemReadGuardSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem File Editing / 2 - BlockFileSystemWrite / 3 - AskFileSystemWrite
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultFileSystemWriteGuardSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem Location / 1 - AllowGeolocation / 2 - BlockGeolocation / 3 - AskGeolocation
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultGeolocationSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem Insecure Content / 2 - BlockInsecureContent / 3 - AllowExceptionsInsecureContent
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultInsecureContentSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem Notifications / 1 - AllowNotifications / 2 - BlockNotifications / 3 - AskNotifications
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultNotificationsSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem Serial ports / 2 - BlockSerial / 3 - AskSerial
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultSerialGuardSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem USB Devices / 2 - BlockWebUsb / 3 - AskWebUsb
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultWebUsbGuardSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem 1 - Allow audio capture
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AudioCaptureAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Bluetooth / 2 - BlockWebBluetooth / 3 - AskWebBluetooth
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultWebBluetoothGuardSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem ...................................... Downloads .......................................

rem Set download directory
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DownloadDirectory" /t REG_SZ /d "Z:\Desktop" /f

rem 1 - Ask me what to do with each download (Ignored when download directory is set)
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PromptForDownloadLocation" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem ..................................... Extensions .......................................

rem 1 - Blocks external extensions from being installed
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "BlockExternalExtensions" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem ...................................... Languages .......................................

rem 1 - Enable spellcheck
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "SpellcheckEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Offer to translate pages that aren't in a language I read
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "TranslateEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem ..................................... New tab page .....................................

rem Page Layout / 1 - DisableImageOfTheDay / 2 -  DisableCustomImage / 3 - DisableAll
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "NewTabPageAllowedBackgroundTypes" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Allow Microsoft News content on the new tab page
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "NewTabPageContentEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Preload the new tab page for a faster experience
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "NewTabPagePrerenderEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Hide the default top sites from the new tab page
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "NewTabPageHideDefaultTopSites" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Allow quick links on the new tab page
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "NewTabPageQuickLinksEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem ....................................... Personal .......................................

rem 1 - Add profile
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "BrowserAddProfileEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Browse as guest
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "BrowserGuestModeEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow users to configure Family safety and Kids Mode
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "FamilySafetySettingsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem ............................ Privacy, search, and services .............................

rem 1 - Suggest similar sites when a website can't be found
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AlternateErrorPagesEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Diagnostic Data / 0 - Off / 1 - RequiredData / 2 - OptionalData
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DiagnosticData" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Search on new tabs uses search box or address bar / redirect - address bar / bing - search box
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "NewTabPageSearchBox" /t REG_SZ /d "redirect" /f

rem 1 - Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "ResolveNavigationErrorsUseWebService" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Show me search and site suggestions using my typed characters
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "SearchSuggestEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Tracking prevention / 0 - Off / 1 - Basic / 2 - Balanced / 3 - Strict
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "TrackingPrevention" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Visual search / 0 - Off
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "VisualSearchEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Enable Microsoft Search in Bing suggestions in the address bar
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AddressBarMicrosoftSearchInBingProviderEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Allow personalization of ads, Microsoft Edge, search, news and other Microsoft services by sending browsing history, favorites and collections, usage and other browsing data to Microsoft
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PersonalizationReportingEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Enable full-tab promotional content
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PromotionalTabsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Allow recommendations and promotional notifications from Microsoft Edge
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "ShowRecommendationsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Choose whether users can receive customized background images and text, suggestions, notifications, and tips for Microsoft services)
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "SpotlightExperiencesAndRecommendationsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Use secure DNS (DoH)
rem reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "BuiltInDnsClientEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
rem reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DnsOverHttpsMode" /t REG_SZ /d "secure" /f
rem reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DnsOverHttpsTemplates" /t REG_SZ /d "https://dns.nextdns.io/xxxxxx?" /f

rem ...................................... Profiles ........................................

rem 1 - AADWebSiteSSOUsingThisProfileEnabled
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AADWebSiteSSOUsingThisProfileEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Save and fill personal info
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AutofillAddressEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Save and fill payment info
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AutofillCreditCardEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Show rewards points in Microsoft Edge user profile
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "EdgeShoppingAssistantEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Suggest strong passwords
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PasswordGeneratorEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Offer to save passwords
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PasswordManagerEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Show alerts when passwords are found in an online leak
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PasswordMonitorAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PasswordMonitorAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Show the "Reveal password" button in password fields
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PasswordRevealEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Sign in: / 0 - Automatically / 1 - With device password
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PrimaryPasswordSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "ShowMicrosoftRewards" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem ....................................... System .........................................

rem 1 - Continue running background apps when Microsoft Edge is closed
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "BackgroundModeEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Use hardware acceleration when available
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "HardwareAccelerationModeEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Save resources with sleeping tabs
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "SleepingTabsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Startup boost
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "StartupBoostEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem NetworkPrediction / 0 - Always / 1 - WifiOnly / 2 - Never
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "NetworkPredictionOptions" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
It enabled Windows 11 visuals on Edge, basically just transparency, but it is removed, since it is already integrated by default.

Code:
rem Disabled #heavy-ad-privacy-mitigations
rem Disabled #edge-omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-scheme
rem Disabled #edge-omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-trivial-subdomains
rem Disabled #edge-show-feature-recommendations
rem Disabled #enable-quic

rem Enabled #block-insecure-private-network-requests
rem Enabled #disallow-doc-written-script-loads
rem Enabled #edge-automatic-https
rem Enabled #edge-enable-super-duper-secure-mode
rem Enabled #strict-extension-isolation

rem https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-relnote-stable-channel
rem https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/DeployEdge/microsoft-edge-policies
rem https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319
rem rem https://admx.help/?Category=EdgeChromium
rem edge://policy

rem reg delete "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /f
rem reg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /f

rem Automatic HTTPS functionality / 0 - Disabled / 1 - Switch to supported domains / 2 - Always
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AutomaticHttpsDefault" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem 1 - AllowJavaScriptJit / 2 - BlockJavaScriptJit (Do not allow any site to run JavaScript JIT)
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultJavaScriptJitSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - DeveloperToolsAllowed / 2 - DeveloperToolsDisallowed (Don't allow using the developer tools)
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DeveloperToolsAvailability" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem 1 - Allow users to open files using the DirectInvoke protocol
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DirectInvokeEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Disable taking screenshots
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DisableScreenshots" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Allow sending URLs to Microsoft Bing to search for related recommendations
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "EdgeDiscoverEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow Google Cast to connect to Cast devices on all IP addresses, Edge trying to connect to 239.255.255.250 via UDP port 1900
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "EnableMediaRouter" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow QUIC protocol
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "QuicAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow remote debugging
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "RemoteDebuggingAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow screen capture
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "ScreenCaptureAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow notifications to set Microsoft Edge as default PDF reader
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "ShowPDFDefaultRecommendationsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow Speech Recognition
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "SpeechRecognitionEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow video capture
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "VideoCaptureAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem ..................................... Appearances ......................................

rem 0 - Show share button
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "ConfigureShare" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Show Collections button
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "EdgeCollectionsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Show favorites bar
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "FavoritesBarEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Show Math Solver button
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "MathSolverEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Show home button
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "ShowHomeButton" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Show feedback button
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "UserFeedbackAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Show tab actions menu (Show vertical tabs)
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "VerticalTabsAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Show web capture button
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "WebCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Enables background updates to the list of available templates for Collections and other features that use templates
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "BackgroundTemplateListUpdatesEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Enable Web Widget
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "WebWidgetAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem .............................. Cookies and site permissions ............................

rem Motion or light sensors / 1 - AllowSensors / 2 - BlockSensors
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultSensorsSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem PDF Documents
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AlwaysOpenPdfExternally" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem File Editing / 2 - BlockFileSystemRead / 3 - AskFileSystemRead
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultFileSystemReadGuardSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem File Editing / 2 - BlockFileSystemWrite / 3 - AskFileSystemWrite
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultFileSystemWriteGuardSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem Location / 1 - AllowGeolocation / 2 - BlockGeolocation / 3 - AskGeolocation
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultGeolocationSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem Insecure Content / 2 - BlockInsecureContent / 3 - AllowExceptionsInsecureContent
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultInsecureContentSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem Notifications / 1 - AllowNotifications / 2 - BlockNotifications / 3 - AskNotifications
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultNotificationsSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem Serial ports / 2 - BlockSerial / 3 - AskSerial
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultSerialGuardSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem USB Devices / 2 - BlockWebUsb / 3 - AskWebUsb
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultWebUsbGuardSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem 1 - Allow audio capture
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AudioCaptureAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Bluetooth / 2 - BlockWebBluetooth / 3 - AskWebBluetooth
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DefaultWebBluetoothGuardSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f

rem ...................................... Downloads .......................................

rem Set download directory
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DownloadDirectory" /t REG_SZ /d "Z:\Desktop" /f

rem 1 - Ask me what to do with each download (Ignored when download directory is set)
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PromptForDownloadLocation" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem ..................................... Extensions .......................................

rem 1 - Blocks external extensions from being installed
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "BlockExternalExtensions" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem ...................................... Languages .......................................

rem 1 - Enable spellcheck
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "SpellcheckEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Offer to translate pages that aren't in a language I read
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "TranslateEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem ..................................... New tab page .....................................

rem Page Layout / 1 - DisableImageOfTheDay / 2 -  DisableCustomImage / 3 - DisableAll
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "NewTabPageAllowedBackgroundTypes" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Allow Microsoft News content on the new tab page
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "NewTabPageContentEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Preload the new tab page for a faster experience
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "NewTabPagePrerenderEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Hide the default top sites from the new tab page
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "NewTabPageHideDefaultTopSites" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Allow quick links on the new tab page
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "NewTabPageQuickLinksEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem ....................................... Personal .......................................

rem 1 - Add profile
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "BrowserAddProfileEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Browse as guest
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "BrowserGuestModeEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Allow users to configure Family safety and Kids Mode
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "FamilySafetySettingsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem ............................ Privacy, search, and services .............................

rem 1 - Suggest similar sites when a website can't be found
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AlternateErrorPagesEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Diagnostic Data / 0 - Off / 1 - RequiredData / 2 - OptionalData
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DiagnosticData" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Search on new tabs uses search box or address bar / redirect - address bar / bing - search box
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "NewTabPageSearchBox" /t REG_SZ /d "redirect" /f

rem 1 - Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "ResolveNavigationErrorsUseWebService" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Show me search and site suggestions using my typed characters
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "SearchSuggestEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Tracking prevention / 0 - Off / 1 - Basic / 2 - Balanced / 3 - Strict
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "TrackingPrevention" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Visual search / 0 - Off
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "VisualSearchEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Enable Microsoft Search in Bing suggestions in the address bar
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AddressBarMicrosoftSearchInBingProviderEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Allow personalization of ads, Microsoft Edge, search, news and other Microsoft services by sending browsing history, favorites and collections, usage and other browsing data to Microsoft
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PersonalizationReportingEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Enable full-tab promotional content
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PromotionalTabsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Allow recommendations and promotional notifications from Microsoft Edge
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "ShowRecommendationsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Choose whether users can receive customized background images and text, suggestions, notifications, and tips for Microsoft services)
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "SpotlightExperiencesAndRecommendationsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Use secure DNS (DoH)
rem reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "BuiltInDnsClientEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
rem reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DnsOverHttpsMode" /t REG_SZ /d "secure" /f
rem reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "DnsOverHttpsTemplates" /t REG_SZ /d "https://dns.nextdns.io/xxxxxx?" /f

rem ...................................... Profiles ........................................

rem 1 - AADWebSiteSSOUsingThisProfileEnabled
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AADWebSiteSSOUsingThisProfileEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Save and fill personal info
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AutofillAddressEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Save and fill payment info
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "AutofillCreditCardEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "EdgeShoppingAssistantEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Suggest strong passwords
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PasswordGeneratorEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Offer to save passwords
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PasswordManagerEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Show the "Reveal password" button in password fields
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PasswordRevealEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem Sign in: / 0 - Automatically / 1 - With device password
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "PrimaryPasswordSetting" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "ShowMicrosoftRewards" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem ....................................... System .........................................

rem 1 - Continue running background apps when Microsoft Edge is closed
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "BackgroundModeEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Use hardware acceleration when available
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "HardwareAccelerationModeEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

rem 1 - Save resources with sleeping tabs
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "SleepingTabsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Startup boost
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "StartupBoostEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem NetworkPrediction / 0 - Always / 1 - WifiOnly / 2 - Never
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge" /v "NetworkPredictionOptions" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f
Thank you sir.

Reactions: Nevi and CyberTech

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Here are my current flags in edge 89.0.774.50 stable.

Anonymize local IPs exposed by WebRTC - enabled
Smooth Scrolling - enabled
Block scripts loaded via document.write - enabled
Parallel downloading - enabled
Enable sharing page via QR Code - enabled
Strict-Origin-Isolation - enabled
SameSite by default cookies - enabled
Cookies without SameSite must be secure - enabled
Global Media Controls - enabled
Global Media Controls Picture-in-Picture - enabled
Current flags in edge 97.0.1072.76 stable

Anonymize local IPs exposed by WebRTC - enabled
Smooth Scrolling - enabled
Block scripts loaded via document.write - enabled
Block insecure private network requests. - enabled
Parallel downloading - enabled
Show block option in autoplay settings - enabled
Enable sharing page via QR Code
Show feature and workflow recommendations -
disabled
Enable Digital Signature for PDF - enabled
Strict-Origin-Isolation - enabled
SameSite by default cookies
Cookies without SameSite must be secure
Global Media Controls

Global Media Controls Picture-in-Picture

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

The Command Palette is now available in the stable version of Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge 106 has been released to the stable channel. The update, which is based on Chromium 106 brings various security fixes, an improved SmartScreen, and a new feature called the Command Palette.

Command Palette in Microsoft Edge

The Command Palette is a tool that can be handy for regular users and web developers. The command bar feature was introduced in Microsoft Edge 105 Canary, in July 2022. Since it is an experimental feature, the option is not enabled by default, you need to toggle it manually in order to use it.

How to enable the new Command Palette in Microsoft Edge

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Have any screenshots? Notice any hit on performance at all?
Sorry, I missed to reply to this. No, I switched to the Edge stable version. I do not see any impact with still those flags enabled.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
ENABLED
109.0.1467.0 canary

Anonymize local IPs exposed by WebRTC.
Smooth Scrolling
Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents --- enable with selective inversion of non-image
Automatic HTTPS
Show Windows 11 visual effects in title bar and toolbar
Windows 11 fluent scrollbars.
Enable Windows 11 Acrylic effect in menus
Strict-Origin-Isolation

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
With this flag enabled

Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents --- enable with selective inversion of non-image

I can remove my Dark Reader extension 😁
I would still keep it installed, but disabled. Based on my experience of using this flag for more than 1 year, I would say that it's almost perfect, but there are still sites where it would not display text or make them too white/black to see anything. In those cases, simply enabling Dark Reader most of the time fixes the issue on those sites. So it's better to have it installed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.