Advice Request Edge not loading any pages.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junglist

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 12, 2017
Hi,

My main browser is Firefox and I have no issues with the way it functions. I was having an issue with a particular website and so decided to try and open it with Edge. It seems Edge will not open any websites at all. I just get the following message:

Hmmm… can't reach this page
The connection was reset.

Try:

• Checking the connection
  • Checking the proxy and the firewall
  • Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

So far I have followed the advice given on this video, used Reliability History and found no critical events related to Edge and found no errors in Event Viewer (Windows Logs>Application) that have 'Edge' in the name other than 'edgeupdatem' and 'edgeupdate' which both have event ID of '0'. The last 'edgeupdate' was recorded on January this year and I know Edge has been not working for a lot longer than that.

I maybe missing something obvious as I'm not knowledgable about software or operating systems, but I do know it's bloody annoying not being able to figure it out. Can anybody help get Edge working again?

Reactions: vtqhtr413

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I would try flushing dns cache. Open amd and right-click to run as Administrator. Then copy/paste: ipconfig /flushdns and then Enter.

Did you clear the browsing history? Isn't there a function in Settings/Apps and Features that lets you repair Edge? Did you try that yet?

Otherwise, what you can do is uninstall it using something like HiBit or other but first without deleting any remnants. If it still doesn't work, I would uninstall it again, have it scan and then clean all remnants. You'll have to Import bookmarks, etc.

Pico

Level 4
Feb 6, 2023
Whenever computer or Windows is restarted the dns cache will be flushed and recreated automatically.
If dns cache is the cause of the issue then a computer or Windows restart would solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.