Edit Post

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I think you can only edit your post within a 24 hour period of you writing it. After that, you can't. If you want have a conversation with someone (bare in mind that they may have chosen to limit who can message them) If you hover over the persons avatar then you get options to follow>ignore>start conversation but you may not have enough privileges yet to start a conversation but it's worth a try. (y)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
How can I edit one of my post links?
Hello @novelist11,
Like @Weebarra said, editing a post is limited within a time frame.
New members have 1 hour to edit posts.
Well-Known Members (+100 posts & + 100 reactions) - 12 hours to edit posts
Verified Members - 24 hours to edit posts
Trusted Members and Malware Hunters - 72 hours to edit posts

I also can't start a conversation with any other member here.
There is a powerful anti-spam system for the Conversation system when it comes to new members, once you're Level 1 you should be able to use it without the anti-spam checks. This was put in place to protect our members Inbox from spam, and while it's aggressive, it gets the job done.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.