Status
Not open for further replies.

Myriad

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
I noticed recently that if I try to edit a post from a previous day , it just seems to hang ,
with the progress/activity indicator running ( top-right of screen ) but nothing happening.
Sometimes the text edit box opens but clicking " save changes " just goes to the hanging situation.

I wondered if there is a time limit for editing previous posts ?
I don't see any message telling me about that , and it doesn't happen with posts that I made only a few hours ago.

BTW , I did a search on this before posting but couldn't find anything.

Maybe I am the only person that is having this problem ?

Reactions: SHvFl and frogboy

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I noticed recently that if I try to edit a post from a previous day , it just seems to hang ,
with the progress/activity indicator running ( top-right of screen ) but nothing happening.
Sometimes the text edit box opens but clicking " save changes " just goes to the hanging situation.

I wondered if there is a time limit for editing previous posts ?
I don't see any message telling me about that , and it doesn't happen with posts that I made only a few hours ago.

BTW , I did a search on this before posting but couldn't find anything.

Maybe I am the only person that is having this problem ?
Hello @Myriad,
I've also experienced this issue, while it happens very rarely, it's there. It started from the last software update, I'm talking with the devs of Xenforo to find a solution for this problem.

Myriad

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Thanks @Jack for your prompt reply .

Good to know that it's not only me :)

I can't work out if the problem is with a previous date , rather than the number of hours elapsed .

Reactions: SHvFl

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Thanks @Jack for your prompt reply .

Good to know that it's not only me :)

I can't work out if the problem is with a previous date , rather than the number of hours elapsed .
Found a temporary fix. Let me know if you will experience this issue again. Thanks @Myriad!

Reactions: SHvFl

Myriad

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Found a temporary fix. Let me know if you will experience this issue again. Thanks @Myriad!

@Jack

Always happy to help if I can.
There must be some kind of default time limit for edits , in the forum software.
I looked at my posts from Sunday , and the "Edit" option is not there .

The hanging problem does not happen on anything I posted today , but I can't test for yesterday ( Monday )
because I can't find anything I posted that day.

I'll try again tomorrow to see if today's posts are affected .

Update - [Tuesday ] I can edit edit posts from Monday with no problems now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.