Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
From the poll at Free Second Opinion Scanner 2018 we have 4 clear favorites:

Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Malwarebytes Antimalware
Norton Power Eraser
Zemana Antimalware

This is not a thread to see who is the best among the lot, but to just mention the pro's and con's of each software.

Which one do you prefer and why/why not?

Reactions: bribon77

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
i think it is not the matter of what's their pro's and con's, why we do use second opinion scanners? because we like to see if their database got anything more than our own AV' database got already or not. so it's about database and detection rates. i got EEK because it has one of the largest databases out there /BitDefender'. and Zemana since i've heard it has like 4-5 engine and itself engine too.

so someone might like Norton company or color of the software so yup he might go with NPE too. or just love the US softwares and say lets get Malwarebytes too. but you wont go wrong with one or two of them, it doesnt matter which is better none of them is better it's just about databse as i said ofc IMO.

Reactions: bribon77

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I think it's important to have a second opinion program, but with different signatures of your Antivirus. EEK has a base of Bitdefender and its own. ZAM does not know anything but he does his job. NPE I think it's good but a little aggressive. And malwarebites is fine for PUPS.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.