File and Photo backup
Samsung Cloud

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Reall good configuration @Egoutusk. I would use Google Photos with Unlimited Storage to back-up the photos because the Samsung Cloud offers limited space but other than that it looks great. It will also allow you to easily keep the photos when you eventually switch your phone.
I've tried Kaspersky on mobile, it's really good.

Install Unknown Apps - Custom (Enabled for specific apps) - I would not let this option toggled on for the app that you've allowed it (I think it's for AdGuard). You could toggle it off and enabled it only when you need it.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Google photo's is free up to 15 GB cloud storage, but there is a catch though. Google’s privacy policy states that it collects information such as the type of device you use, websites you visit or your physical location. The policy says the information is used to protect and develop new services and customize advertising.

With this in mind the sophisticated and ' make it easy' for users to automatically categorize photo's using AI and facial recognition does not sound so attractive anymore. Wisdom I learned on this forum: when a webbased service is free, fair chance that the user is the product paying with its user data collected for targeted advertising.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Google photo's is free up to 15 GB cloud storage
This is true if you want to keep images to its original size. The high image quality setting allows for unlimited storage but the quality of the images after compression still remain solid.
But yeah surely google collects data and the user is paying one or another but very few people care about this because an offer so lucrative like this is too good to pass for most users.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.