Eight Flagship AMD-powered Chromebooks in development

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
AMD’s more-powerful line of chips are coming to Chromebooks via the family of devices built off of the ‘Zork’ baseboard, and we already knew that six total devices are in the various stages of development: ‘Zork’, ‘Trembyle’, ‘Mandolin’, ‘Morphius’, ‘Ezkinil’ and ‘Dalboz’.

Honestly, for a new chipset family, that’s a pretty nice lineup. It would appear, however, that the developement has not stopped there. Of late, we’ve seen mention of two more AMD-powered devices in the ‘Zork’ family and they go by the names ‘Vilboz’ and ‘Berknip’. I can tell you at this point that we know little about the specifics of these new devices other than the fact that they will be capable of using higher-end AMD silicon and will clearly have the option of a stowed stylus.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I want new 7nm/5nm ARM Chromebooks with lastest Cortex cores .
Not these power hungry AMD/Intel chips .

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

As apple now migrate fully to ARM, I guess Google do the same. In the meantime AMD is a lot better choice then Intel.

Anyway Chromebooks are very secure. If used in guest mode, that's set & forget.
Of course Microsoft's Secured-core PCs aren't bad too.

Reactions: Protomartyr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.