Windows Edition
Home
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
McAffe Internet Security
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
GetSusp, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Elistara, Unhackme.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Mozilla Firefox, ghostery, cyscon, https everywhere, greaseymonkey.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Auslogics Disk Defrag, Macrium Reflect.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello & thank you, EleazarT, for sharing your thoughtfully assembled configuration.
I like it!:)
One of our family's most frequently utilized programs is Sandboxie.
This invisible shield adds an additional layer of virtualization & protection when browsing in Firefox (or any other browsers). What happens is this: Changes from exposure to malware infections which occur while browsing & clicking on objects or links, may run only in an isolation sandbox, but they are completely removed when the browser is closed & the sandbox is deleted. It works like a reset button, and prevents infection.:):) Updates to extensions or to the browser itself must take place only outside (without) the sandbox in place or they shall also
:eek:disappear!:D

Last edited:

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Hi, since you are using McAfee Internet Security, I think maybe you could add GetSusp to your collection of On-demand scanners.

The default level of the sensitivity of Artemis are set to 3 in both On-Access detection and On-Demand detection of McAfee for-home products, while the maximum level should be at least 4.

By contrast, according to the McAfee community, GetSusp is always running with the highest level of sensitivity. So it can detect something that may be missed by McAfee IS.

Although it cannot isolate the threats, with this tool you can easily submit the suspicious files to McAfee.

When I used the products of McAfee, I found this tool is quite useful.

You can find it here:

GetSusp | McAfee Free Tools

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
All layers are very well covered! McAfee is a good product sometimes no need to follow others testimony where insist you to remove that product without proper reasoning/evaluation.

Optional: You may add a backup browser, if you experience something an issue at all.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
I added Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium, there will be some kind of conflict with McAfee Internet Security ? Cats-4_Owners-2 Online_Sword

As far as I know, McAfee products, including AVP/IS/TS, do not provide the feature of anti-exploit. Therefore, I think McAfee would not conflict with Malwarebytes Anti-exploit. I have not found any post saying that they will conflict with each other. So I think you could give it a try.:)

You can use the following tool to verify whether MBAE works properly:
How to verify that MBAE is working correctly - Anti-Exploit Product Support - Malwarebytes Forum

Last edited:
Reactions: EleazarT

EleazarT

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 31, 2015
As far as I know, McAfee products, including AVP/IS/TS, do not provide the feature of anti-exploit. Therefore, I think McAfee would not conflict with Malwarebytes Anti-exploit. I have not found any post saying that they will conflict with each other. So I think you could give it a try.:)

You can use the following tool to verify whether MBAE works properly:
How to verify that MBAE is working correctly - Anti-Exploit Product Support - Malwarebytes Forum

MBAE it's working correctly, a lot of thanks Online_Sword, Merry Christmas :):D

Reactions: Online_Sword

EleazarT

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 31, 2015
Can I add Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or HitmanPro ? or there will be a conflict with McAffee ?

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Malwarebytes Anti-malware Free and HitmanPro are just on-demand scanners. I think both of them can work along with McAfee. :) The following post of the moderator (Ex_Brit) in McAfee Community confirms this:
Malwarebytes compatible? | McAfee Communities

Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium (the paid version) is a companion antivirus. It is designed to work with the main antivirus.

But in practice, its compatibility would vary from case to case. For example, MBAM Premium would conflict with Emsisoft Internet Security, because both of them use WFP drivers to filter the network traffic. Similarly, the following post of the staff in Malwarebytes suggest that MBAM Premium would also conflict with McAfee:
Mbam not compatible with Mcafee? - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forum

Finally, I would suggest you to update you config according to the following guides, since all the old forms have been removed :)
[MUST READ] How to update your security config without creating a new thread!
Posting in the Security Configuration Wizard Forum (2016 Updates)

Reactions: EleazarT

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.