Basic Security Electr0n's Old Laptop security configuration (+Work PC)

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Oh well in that case I am not sure how the setup for two different machines can be reflected on a same post.
You can do something like this under your main config for a second or third device,

Real-Time protection: Eset Internet security

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I think there's still some way to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Microsoft said they ended accessibility "loophole" but I read somewhere you can still update it.
I had updated to Windows 10 years ago just in case and then reverted back ;) I was thinking of giving 10 another chance again but got too lazy to update :p

Thanks but i don't think i will bother anymore, i must have been feeling brave that day i was going to do it, i am back to being a scaredy cat :ROFLMAO:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hello Electr0n,
I've changed (in Chrome Cent) my theme, and extension to invert the text color.

Now, use "Morpheon Dark" theme: Morpheon Dark (- to revert to default theme, go to Chrome /Appearance - then click on "Reset to default theme" button) - this Morpheon Dark theme is the best one...
Abandoned "Dark Background and Light Text", changed to "Dark Mode" extension (and for Firefox and forks too): Dark Mode - then notch in Options: Dark mode #3 (sharp dark) - best to my eyes.

In my script blockers, I've blocked fonts.googleapis.com - cause it over-exagerated the bolding of text...

Last edited:

Electr0n

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
Hello Electr0n,
I've changed (in Chrome Cent) my theme, and extension to invert the text color.

Now, use "Morpheon Dark" theme: Morpheon Dark (- to revert to default theme, go to Chrome /Appearance - then click on "Reset to default theme" button) - this Morpheon Dark theme is the best one...
Abandoned "Dark Background and Light Text", changed to "Dark Mode" extension (and for Firefox and forks too): Dark Mode - then notch in Options: Dark mode #3 (sharp dark) - best to my eyes.

In my script blockers, I've blocked fonts.googleapis.com - cause it over-exagerated the bolding of text...
Thanks @Prorootect, I am loving the dark mode extension for Firefox. However I don't use chrome that much nowadays, but will give that one a try too. :)

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Thanks @Prorootect, I am loving the dark mode extension for Firefox. However I don't use chrome that much nowadays, but will give that one a try too. :)
If you want to take advantage of Many Marvellous Chrome extensions, then download portable version only, of Chrome forks, like Slimjet, Cent, Opera....etc
You will be fulfilled, I swear - in your new field of experience with Chrome extensions...;)

Electr0n

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
If you want to take advantage of Many Marvellous Chrome extensions, then download portable version only, of Chrome forks, like Slimjet, Cent, Opera....etc
You will be fulfilled, I swear - in your new field of experience with Chrome extensions...;)
Chrome store foxified add on helps to install extensions from chrome web store in Firefox, I am a supporter of Mozilla, but after the quantum update this extension helps to install chrome extensions on FF, this is what reduced my Chrome usage. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.