Elemec's Config 2.0

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Thank you! For your feedback the above browser! Keep in touch!
You may try to install K-meleon again, without the other browser?

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Thank you! For your feedback the above browser! Keep in touch!
You may try to install K-meleon again, without the other browser?
I've tried k-meleon first , With only IE installed too.

Updating the thread : I'm going to make a test.
I'm going to stay with only default settings , plus unchecky and adguard.
At the end of the year , I'm going to check how much infections (In case it actually gets infected) My pc has.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Moose

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
At the end of the year , I'm going to check how much infections (In case it actually gets infected) My pc has.
See you in 12 months, or 12 minutes? :p

What are your browsing habits like, do you visit unsafe sites, download torrents for free stuff, etc?

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
See you in 12 months, or 12 minutes? :p

What are your browsing habits like, do you visit unsafe sites, download torrents for free stuff, etc?
I used to download torrents when i used win xp.
My habits are simple , I only go to a few places :
Youtube for watch gameplays and such.
A safe browser game that some friends play , That i only in fact play for talk to the friends.
Check facebook , And rarely , Rarely , Very rarely visit sorta banking sites , But i always get to the right ones , So no phsishing.
I'm a tf2 player , Which means every single day of my life i deal with phsishers trying to steal my items by giving me a fake steamcommunity (Normally mispelled like steamXommunEty) , But i've never fell on one. Actually did , But i changed the mispells so it didnt do anything , As it was basically the legit versison.

I guess the most dangerous part of what i do , Is when i download something , But this lowered and now i only really download things that are SAFE , Or that i didnt got a problem in the past , Like , Some very old games i used to play*
Unchecky comes in-handy by decreasing the ammount of PUPS

And in case someone's wondering , My pc was apparently infected with things last time , But i've did a clean RE-install of windows 10 (It was on the first day i created this thread) And now is fresh as ever.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Is there any freeware alternative from windows office? I'm in need of a excel alternative , Because wordpad is a thing , So , Anyone knows?

Y

yigido

Is there any freeware alternative from windows office? I'm in need of a excel alternative , Because wordpad is a thing , So , Anyone knows?
Look at the LibreOffice or WPS Office (formerly Kingsoft Office)
My favorite is LibreOffice, it can open MS Office files and it can save the new type of documents as .docx , .xlsx. MS Office can open these type of formats.
https://www.libreoffice.org/

Reactions: Moose

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
There we go , Now i got libreoffice.
Oh jesus , Is even better than microsoft office :D
Thanks for the suggestion , Guys!

Reactions: jamescv7 and yigido

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Everything is working fine.
I have a question , My mom is planning on giving me a new PC and leaving this one for her , She dont has much knowledge about pcs , So she would probably get viruses easyly.
So , I'm looking for some " Install and forget " Defense , As she probably wouldnt use scans , And yeah.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Install and Forget:
- Norton Security 2015 (paid)
- Avast Free Antivirus (custom install, free) w. Hardened Mode

I would highly recommend switching this computer back to a stable Windows release. Either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update 3, alternatively you could switch to Linux, may require some learning along the way.

I forgot, what are your current system specs?

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Install and Forget:
- Norton Security 2015 (paid)
- Avast Free Antivirus (custom install, free) w. Hardened Mode

I would highly recommend switching this computer back to a stable Windows release. Either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update 3, alternatively you could switch to Linux, may require some learning along the way.

I forgot, what are your current system specs?

I would love to switch to linux , But from what i've heard from my brother (I would say his knowledge is medium-expert) That my pc would probably get some errors getting linux.

If the specs are info in Computer/Properties , There we go.
AMD SEMPRON(tm) 140 processor 2.71 GHz
2,00 GB
OS 32-bit processor in base of 64-bit

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Alright , I guess imma give up on this " AV LESS " Adventure , And download some install and forget protection , So i dont need to reinstall every single thing by this pc getting a virus.
Anyways , What would be better for you know , My mom not screw this pc with viruses?
Avast! Free hardened mode , Or Rising antivirus (I've loved that on times i used win xp... I remember i got massacrated by some viruses while i only had avast on that time...)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.