Advice Request Eliminating Chrome telemetry

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
I was wondering, if doing privacy tweaks for Google Chorme , like e.g.,

completely eliminates telemetry Google collects.
If not then probably staying logged into account + following GDPR processes may be the best way to retain privacy.

Last edited:

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I was wondering, if doing privacy tweaks for Google Chorme , like e.g.,

completely eliminates telemetry Google collects.
If not then probably staying logged into account + following GDPR processes may be the best way to retain privacy.

There is no privacy tweak for Chrome that eliminates all Google telemetry, you need something like Ungoogled Chromium or Brave (highly recommended).

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Edge Chromium, no more google telemetry :)
I wouldn't be so sure.
They're still considering adding support for Google accounts sync in Edge, so it means they'll need to add Google code to their browser.
As for now Brave is the best alternative to GC however it has it's downfalls too.

Reactions: [correlate]

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
like what? :unsure:

ungoogled chromium would not get gmail for me.
Brave's sync for example. It's the biggest downside imho as you can only sync bookmarks and most of the time it is not working properly - delays in sync between desktop and mobile, doubled entries etc. Anyway I like Brave and I recommend it as a good GC alternative.

• Thanks
Reactions: Brie and oldschool

If one uses any Alphabet services, then their data is collected in one shape, form or another. Using a different browser won't stop Google from tracking and harvesting your data. Even if you completely un-Google\un-Android yourself, Google has 3rd party arrangements to harvest your data.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.