EmiLLiaN's Security Config

EmiLLiaN

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
So, here you all have my config. :rolleyes:

It's pretty simple thought, but taked me for about 2h to sett it all up, because i've make some custom confing's to Chrome and Mantra, and also maked some changes to the windows firewall.

I am using this, because these days i will work more with cracked softwares and i will start makeing more test's too with the infected pack's from here :p

How do you see my config?
Cheers! :)

EDIT: I've added EMET on the config too, but it's a little bit unstable with the config i have right now. I will have to retouch all again and see if i can make it all go good :)
EDIT 2: I've uninstalled MSE and replaced with 360 Total Security, and configured all again. This is sweet!
EDIT 3: This time i've updated all a little bit. I'm getting in more and more in the world of the malware, and i'm testing more and more every time.

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I like your configuration, particularly your use of the native MSE and secondary scanners!:) CCleaner is a much valued tool as well.;)
One question: Does Toolwiz Time Freeze act as your <reset> button when testing?
Here's a second: What kind of infection did your system have?o_O

Reactions: EmiLLiaN

EmiLLiaN

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
I like your configuration, particularly your use of the native MSE and secondary scanners!:) CCleaner is a much valued tool as well.;)
One question: Does Toolwiz Time Freeze act as your <reset> button when testing?
Here's a second: What kind of infection did your system have?o_O

Hi Cats-4_Owners-2 :)

Here you have the answer :p

First question: Yes, it's just like the reset button when you turn it on or off :D
Seccond question: Well, it was a bad one with a verry strange behavior: overcharging my cpu with no trace. o_O When i was looking at the task manager, nothing strange and everything like a charm. When i was closing the task manager, everything was delayed. I've runned various scan's tought, but didn't find anything (not to good at this as i was thinking o_O), so i've decided to make a reinstall due to one to 3 days of searching and trying to gett him out. :(

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014
Ok, but why so many on demand scanners ?
  • HitmanPro
  • herdProtect
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free

Reactions: EmiLLiaN

EmiLLiaN

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Ok, but why so many on demand scanners ?
  • HitmanPro
  • herdProtect
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free

Because i need it. Each on demand scanner has his own point of view, and because i have MSE. I like MSE because it's verry light, but also it's a little bit inaccurate :)

EmiLLiaN

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
NEW UPDATE!

1. Added EMET with:
DEP setted to Opt In
SEHOP setted to Opt In
ASLR setted to Opt In
Pinning Enabled

2. Replaced MSE with 360 Total Security

EmiLLiaN

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
NEW UPDATE!

It was a long time that i've didn't get in here, but now that i'm visiting phishing sites and downloading malware samples, i'm getting other perspective about the "defense" of my PC.

Soft Move:
360 TS
EMET
Comodo Firewall
EEK

And usually when i go to test samples, i run time freeze and creating inside there a virtualbox mini system covered with EMET and Comodo Firewall opt in and out watching.

Some advices or personal improvments that you would personally make?

Reactions: Moose and yigido

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.