Ending Soon Emsisoft Anti-Malware 1YEAR (24Hours - 07.12.2017)

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jun 21, 2011
Right button on the icon of the taskbar / Protection status / Activate all components.
I should have added that what was strange was. The EAM icon completely disappeared when I shut down protection bribon77. I had no way to do that. I started EAM from the app menu, but it would not go to the system tray after I closed it. And again, it would not let me add a check mark in each individual protection module.

Umbra

Level 61
Content Creator
Verified
May 16, 2011
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
I should have added that what was strange was. The EAM icon completely disappeared when I shut down protection bribon77. I had no way to do that. I started EAM from the app menu, but it would not go to the system tray after I closed it. And again, it would not let me add a check mark in each individual protection module.
Do you have other security products installed?

Solarquest

Staff member
AV-Tester
Jul 22, 2014
@Wordward,
Are you using it in a VM?
I had the same issue after the last update on 2 systems.
On one system, a reboot and a new update that took a while helped; on another, in a VM, I restored a previous snapshot, updated Emsi. I had the same issue, I waited for 15-20 min, started the update process again and then all protection got enabled.

Tiny

Level 2
Dec 29, 2016
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
Tested on my laptop and workstation and it seems to be really unobtrusive
Quite so. Been meaning to get a scanner to compliment my CF, other than WD that I've been using for a while. Avast though good, didn't do it for me. Just a personal thing.

My laptop felt more responsive upon rebooting and I like that it's more or less a set and forget solution. Perfect since I hardly ever install new applications, just run updates on what I have.