Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2018.1.1 released

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 65228

viewing on windows taskmanager due windows itself send to private hidden process
Are you referring to the System Process you can see on Process Hacker? If so, that's NTOSKRNL, which is the Windows Kernel. All the other kernel-mode software is hosted under NTOSKRNL as a "module".

Emsisoft, ESET, among many other vendors also have their own kernel-mode software (device drivers) and this can consume memory as well. It depends on what they're doing in kernel-mode - e.g. the driver itself might be light on-disk but it may have a large foot-print in memory.

what you say is true but what if the person needs the extra memory in other activities of productivity, entertainment instead of giving priority to a single background task
Depending on how much memory is actually being used, a product may consume more or less memory. It depends on the product. For example, a framework being used may automatically have memory optimisation features to force the garbage collector to free objects when required or control consumption of more/less memory based on how much is currently available system-wide.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I'm experiencing more bugs than usual. This exotic bug just recently.
7EKfzrN.jpg

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1709
My battery was low so my laptop went to sleep. I plugged it in and woke my laptop back up and I got this row of errors. Then CPU usage by Emsisoft Security Center hit 30% until I could no longer use anything so I did a hard reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.