Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Released: Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 12.2 released

Changelog:
---------------
Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 12.2.0.7060 released. This is a minor release that adds improvements in usability, compatibility and stability.

This update will require an application restart.

• New: Environment variables tester in the exclusions screen.
  • Improved: Email validation in the false positives submit screen.
  • Improved: Administrator mode timeout settings.
  • Improved: Minor GUI improvements.
  • Improved: Protection paused indicator on the Overview screen.
  • Improved: CPU load during update process.
  • Improved: Behavior Blocker: correct processing of exclusions for apps that are started after an exclusion was added.
  • Improved: Quarantine Re-scan procedure.
  • Improved: Path used by the update process moved to \ProgramData\Emsisoft\updates
  • Improved: Pre-installation check for Kaspersky and AVG Antivirus/Internet Security due to program incompatibilities
  • Fixed: Firewall application rules processing for files that are not accessible at boot time (encrypted drives) in Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Fixed: Memory leak in Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Fixed: Occasional ‘Internal processing error’ issue during update.
  • Fixed: Update log parsing issue.
  • Fixed: Main screen out of position.
  • Fixed: Occasional issue where File Guard did not start after a program restart.
Related Posts:

--------------

Source: http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/2017/01/03/emsisoft-anti-malware-emsisoft-internet-security-12-2-released/

idaho

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
I was using Norton for few years, that was around 2010 year and I personaly liked very much. Last 6 years I have Emsisoft, what is far better solution for my needs. I like things made simple and effective together and Emsisoft in one of very few, who has this product.
I like to have Antivirus+Firewall, simply installation. Not looking for some Tune-Up, Anti-Spam (Most solutions), Anti-Theft (Eset Smart Security), some GUI color change (Vipre), I like to keep my personal data not shared (Emsisoft is one of very few in this), I like to buy not very expesive licence key (Emsisoft has loyality discount). All this, makes me happy Emsisoft user. :)

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Hey a simple question. i want to install it with voodooshied. at the moment windows defender is running with voodooshield pro. when i install emsisoft will it autotmaticaly disable defender or i need to tweak the registry?

Thanks in advance and have a good day. :)

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Hey a simple question. i want to install it with voodooshied. at the moment windows defender is running with voodooshield pro. when i install emsisoft will it autotmaticaly disable defender or i need to tweak the registry?

Thanks in advance and have a good day. :)
It will disable defender automatically.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

idaho

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
Emsisoft, same as most of others is auto disabling Defender. But sometimes (same as others :) ) have to do it myself. I personaly think, is not big deal, if is running together, but yes, I like to keep Defender off.

idaho

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
I was talking about Windows Defender from my Windows 7x64. I see, you probably talking about Defender from W10, what should be disabled in my undertanding for sure and automaticly, or manualy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.