Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
H

hjlbx

Keep an eye out for login issues. With EIS 12 installed I noticed Windows logon did not function correctly (I could login to Windows, but the password field mis-behaved). Also, I noticed slower boot\restart\application launch times - which is extremely unusual for Emsisoft products.

I tested the EIS 12 beta just three days ago and it was still happening. Hopefully it got fixed.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Keep an eye out for login issues. With EIS 12 installed I noticed Windows logon did not function correctly (I could login to Windows, but the password field mis-behaved). Also, I noticed slower boot\restart\application launch times - which is extremely unusual for Emsisoft products.

I tested the EIS 12 beta just three days ago and it was still happening. Hopefully it got fixed.
It must be fixed as i had no problems on either machine, login was normal here. :)

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Been running v12 since the beta and so far I never encountered a single issue with it. The only issue I ever encountered with EIS was back in v11 where there was a conflict with the Windows Firewall (I think) and I found a workaround that I posted on the forums (this is why I switched to Emsisoft, to help find a workaround) and I never encountered a single issue since then.

L

Lucent Warrior

Been running v12 since the beta and so far I never encountered a single issue with it. The only issue I ever encountered with EIS was back in v11 where there was a conflict with the Windows Firewall (I think) and I found a workaround that I posted on the forums (this is why I switched to Emsisoft, to help find a workaround) and I never encountered a single issue since then.
I remember this "Misplaced Firewall Rule" that would not allow EIS to update itself "which was cute if you just installed it" and also would not allow windows updates either. Took them a bit to correct that if i remember correctly. Good to hear this is not now present any more, as i quite using it after that.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I remember this "Misplaced Firewall Rule" that would not allow EIS to update itself "which was cute if you just installed it" and also would not allow windows updates either. Took them a bit to correct that if i remember correctly. Good to hear this is not now present any more, as i quite using it after that.

Yeah it was affecting a lot of users hence why I thought that I could help by finding a workaround. It wasn't that complicated if I remember well. Can't find the thread I posted with the solution.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just installed and testing the trial EIS 12. Pretty easy to use and satisfied so far. Apparently, there were startup issues with some programs if I installed EIS 12 over my other existing software. I had to clean installed my OS last night and then install EIS 12 before installing other software so problem solved.

One slight issue. It takes a few swipe of my fingers on the touchscreen to open from the startup page (after reboot) to the sign in page.

Wait for ESET IS 10 to be released and then make a comparison before deciding which to buy. Hope that there's one new video to test both suites' protection features

Last edited:

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I have updated EIS 12 on my PCs and it run very fine and I think more smoothly than EIS 11:)
NB: I have to reboot on all my four PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.