Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
issues so far:
1. Action Center doesn't recognize Emsisoft Antimalware
2. IE11 freezes occasionally while opening new tab but no so badly as it was with Emsisoft AnitMalware 8.1.0.41 in Win 8.1 Update 1 ( I have no such issue with other AV or with just windows defender)

however, RAM usage seems to be pretty low......great job by Emsisoft :)

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I've had no issues so far, but that was with EAM, and going to download EIS & find issues.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
sorry it haves to be test on vm for safety reasons

you don't have spare machine or a backup of your system, because some VMs interfere with the cloud features and other protections of some products reducing their zero-day protection capabilities...

Reactions: MalwareDetective

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
The only thing that I don't like is something about its GUI - not friendly for a netbook user with a 1024x600 screen. Some significant space are wasted.

Aside from that, this EIS is one of the best antimalware solutions available for a home user! Now it's faster and lighter too!

abdou17

Level 2
Verified
May 3, 2013
This version oriented to beginner's so stay on the copies that contain Hips (EAM+EOA)
I did not like The Firewall because he is Rudimentary to a large extent Compared to OA​

Last edited:

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
This version oriented to beginner's so stay on the copies that contain Hips (EAM+EOA)
I did not like The Firewall because he is Rudimentary to a large extent Compared to OA​
What do you mean by this?

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
he believes that the new FW is less good than the one in OA; another statement out of knowledge of EIS... surely because he thinks that HIPS = Good FW...
Emsisoft at this time decides not to include the HIPS component of OA because EAM's BB is good enough... combining both HIPS and BB will be duplicating pop up messages, not good for the average user.

Also, FW of EIS is better than OA's.

But of course OA on its own is a good product.

amz

Level 4
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Installed it..
Started liking emsisoft except its SIZE of UI

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Emsisoft at this time decides not to include the HIPS component of OA because EAM's BB is good enough... combining both HIPS and BB will be duplicating pop up messages, not good for the average user.

Also, FW of EIS is better than OA's.

But of course OA on its own is a good product.

I just can't help it, your comments remind me of the 4 or six wheels on a trailer once the first wheel go in the hole the rest will follow,how on god's green earth you know that EIS 9 firewall better than online armor,when,where,what test was conducted to determine that results that you vomit,follah pattern kill kodougan. (NOW PEOPLE IS THIS FACTS OR FOLLY):oops:

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
how on god's green earth you know that EIS 9 firewall better than online armor,when,where,what test was conducted to determine that results):oops:

if it may help you, OA was created by Tall Emu then bought and slightly improved by Emsisoft.

https://www.emsisoft.com/en/kb/articles/news090305/

OA is an old FW that was very very good with the old network technologies but since the implementation of IPV6 and co, OA just can't catch up with modern FW; this fact was the main reason why Emsi decided to create their OWN firewall from zero ; closed-beta testers like me were on it since months when this new FW was just a command line program.

now don't confound FW and HIPS , since HIPS are removed from EIS so we talk only about the firewall component ,and i can say with 100% chance that the one in EIS is better ; if it was not Emsi will not change it for their new line of product.

Thanks.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
if it may help you, OA was created by Tall Emu then bought and slightly improved by Emsisoft.

https://www.emsisoft.com/en/kb/articles/news090305/

OA is an old FW that was very very good with the old network technologies but since the implementation of IPV6 and co, OA just can't catch up with modern FW; this fact was the main reason why Emsi decided to create their OWN firewall from zero ; closed-beta testers like me were on it since months when this new FW was just a command line program.

now don't confound FW and HIPS , since HIPS are removed from EIS so we talk only about the firewall component ,and i can say with 100% chance that the one in EIS is better ; if it was not Emsi will not change it for their new line of product.

Thanks.
I don't know much, but Umbra got it all!

When I said that EIS' FW is better than OA's I know it not from my own testing but because the developers of Emsisoft say so. Also, Umbra was right, I was really pertaining to the FW component only of the two said products from the said same company.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
I don't know much, but Umbra got it all!

When I said that EIS' FW is better than OA's I know it not from my own testing but because the developers of Emsisoft say so. Also, Umbra was right, I was really pertaining to the FW component only of the two said products from the said same company.

(TRUCK & TRAILER)
You acting like this is the first time a security company claim something great about their product,& after testing truth be told the said product don't even come close to what was claimed & as for MR.polaris he can say anything once he love or like a product that does not make his claim true,this firewall was now conceived, what has it produced to prove it's worth???????????:rolleyes:

Reactions: Koroke San
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
(TRUCK & TRAILER)
You acting like this is the first time a security company claim something great about their product,& after testing truth be told the said product don't even come close to what was claimed & as for MR.polaris he can say anything once he love or like a product that does not make his claim true,this firewall was now conceived, what has it produced to prove it's worth???????????:rolleyes:

I said it is better than OA, not it is the best in the world...by the way what is your proof that it is worse than OA? Did you tested both for long period?

Even in this public beta it still has some issues and of course mostly about the firewall.

Can you share with us what you dont like? And dont mention about the design please.

For the moment you just complain about it compared to OA without any valid arguments or examples...

I remind you it is a beta so it has room for improvements, so your opinion and observations are warmly welcomed.

Also Emsisoft took the road of simplicity and userfriendliness.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
I said it is better than OA, not it is the best in the world...by the way what is your proof that it is worse than OA? Did you tested both for long period?

Even in this public beta it still has some issues and of course mostly about the firewall.

Can you share with us what you dont like? And dont mention about the design please.

For the moment you just complain about it compared to OA without any valid arguments or examples...

I remind you it is a beta so it has room for improvements, so your opinion and observations are warmly welcomed.

Also Emsisoft took the road of simplicity and userfriendliness.

Stop speed reading what i wrote,pause,then come again.:D Either your understanding is limited or you speeding.slow down chap:D

Let me break it down sesame street style online armor has proved it's worth,it is a great firewall, what has this new one prove,nothing.

Last edited:

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
I have been using Emsisoft Anti-malware for long time. I remember Emsisoft by it old name, A-squared!
I truly believe that nothing come close to it cleaning abilities. Maybe, Kaspersky! Even my Malwarebtyes
Anti-Malware
has let me down lately being very buggy with Windows 8.1 latest update. Emsisoft always seem
to come through for me.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.