Emsisoft Antimalware 7.0 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknown51398

Thread author
Jun 5, 2012
I know, it's still in beta but this is just a prediction/teaser on how the final version will do when it is released.

P

Plexx

Personally, I do not think that this product is worth a 5 stars at this stage due to being beta. Considering a bug that is currently available as a bad point is not fair since it will not reflect on a final version.

I would have not rate this program at all since as you know, it is under beta stage for users to test and submit bugs, as well as for Emsisoft fine tune the program.

Also, no one will know if on the final version there will be areas that will be good or bad.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
Biozfear said:
Personally, I do not think that this product is worth a 5 starts at this stage due to being beta. Considering a bug that is currently available as a bad point is not fair since it will not reflect on a final version.

I would have not rate this program at all since as you know, it is under beta stage for users to test and submit bugs, as well as for Emsisoft fine tune the program.

Also, no one will know if on the final version there will be areas that will be good or bad.
agree with you also the ui i would love to see them redesign that the close maxi button looks like win98 xp,they should get the ui revamped nah?

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
i had my issues, updated from 6 to 7 via updates,
had to download 134mb and after 110 mb it stopped saying ikarus signatures not found :p
after the update i had a screen freeze, waited for 5-10 mins no good, had to use the cpu button to restart on the next boot tried to run a full scan and BOOM BSOD :mad:
now its ok doesn't seems to be any problem
obviously i am not going to rate it 5 star but again i won't be rating it at all, its in testing version :)

unknown51398

Thread author
Jun 5, 2012
Biozfear said:
Personally, I do not think that this product is worth a 5 stars at this stage due to being beta. Considering a bug that is currently available as a bad point is not fair since it will not reflect on a final version.

Read the thread, it says there below that this is just a teaser for the final version. Hence, I did not count the bug and the huge spikes of ram usage while scanning.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
Now Emsisoft Internet Security Pack will become the perfect protection.

P

Plexx

unknown51398 said:
Read the thread, it says there below that this is just a teaser for the final version. Hence, I did not count the bug and the huge spikes of ram usage while scanning.

You listed those issues as a bad point regardless giving a score. Beta products reviews are not accurate for reasons that might not reflect in the final version.

Posting a thread about this, you better off posting observations on the actual Emsisoft subsection.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I give 0 stars to any Alpha/Beta/RC products. :p

unknown51398

Thread author
Jun 5, 2012
Biozfear said:
You listed those issues as a bad point regardless giving a score. Beta products reviews are not accurate for reasons that might not reflect in the final version.

Posting a thread about this, you better off posting observations on the actual Emsisoft subsection.

People here take things seriously and read everything before you act like a know-it-all.

I said I did not count the bug and I actually think Emsisoft is good. Why are you mad at me? :)

P

Plexx

unknown51398 said:
People here take things seriously and read everything before you act like a know-it-all.

I said I did not count the bug and I actually think Emsisoft is good. Why are you mad at me? :)

I simply provided you a suggestion as well as explained why in my eyes a beta product shouldn't really be reviewed. Once again you say you did not count the bug as a bad point, yet it is listed as a bad point.

For any user who visits the site, remember there are way more guests online than members, don't you think you are in a way misleading the users by rating a product 5 out of 5 when it is at beta stage with known bugs and issues?

In case you have not noticed, we do have the majority of the products as a sub forum where users can post information/questions/observations etc relevant to that product.

On a side note, I was never mad or upset or happy towards you. Don't get your emotions mixed with constructive feedback.

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
I was been nice with 3 - 4 stars as Earth says 0 stars
to Alpha/Beta/RC products , think earth is on to something there

P

Plexx

InternetChicken said:
I was been nice with 3 - 4 stars as Earth says 0 stars
to Alpha/Beta/RC products , think earth is on to something there

Earth is straight down to the point in one sentence :p

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
The worse thing about Emsisoft was the false positives.
Previously it had a very high false positive rate, I'm talking about anywhere from 15 to 25 false positives per system scan. It always do an excellent job with detecting malware.

I just recently did a full scan of my system with 7.0 beta and to my surprise, no even one single false positive.

So it looks like they are doing an excellent job removing the false positives.

Thanks.:D

unknown51398

Thread author
Jun 5, 2012
Biozfear said:
unknown51398 said:

I simply provided you a suggestion as well as explained why in my eyes a beta product shouldn't really be reviewed. Once again you say you did not count the bug as a bad point, yet it is listed as a bad point.

For any user who visits the site, remember there are way more guests online than members, don't you think you are in a way misleading the users by rating a product 5 out of 5 when it is at beta stage with known bugs and issues?

In case you have not noticed, we do have the majority of the products as a sub forum where users can post information/questions/observations etc relevant to that product.

On a side note, I was never mad or upset or happy towards you. Don't get your emotions mixed with constructive feedback.
Your right. I will edit the post. Thanks :)

D

Deleted member 178

Littlebits said:
So it looks like they are doing an excellent job removing the false positives.

they don't remove the FPs ,they removed Ikarus engines (which was the source of many FPs, it is the main reason of Shifting to BD engine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.