Emsisoft Antimalware 7.0 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
Littlebits said:
So it looks like they are doing an excellent job removing the false positives.

they don't remove the FPs ,they removed Ikarus engines (which was the source of many FPs, it is the main reason of Shifting to BD engine)

Most of the false positives that I was getting was coming from Emsisoft engine, not the Ikarus engine.

Thanks.:D

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
I to had noticed a lot of FPs by the emsisoft engine (bitdefender engine was fine) thats the main reason i removed EAM beta (will try EAM again when its out of beta and hopefully they fix their engine)

I have had no issues of FPs with version 6

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
i have found the updates of EAM to be quite huge,and with bitdefender engine its not bound to be lesser anytime soon.

D

Deleted member 178

arsenaloyal said:
i have found the updates of EAM to be quite huge,and with bitdefender engine its not bound to be lesser anytime soon.

yes , emsi said it will be like this during the beta, but after the official release, the updates will be smaller and more often.

P

Plexx

@Umbra: One question: is the Behavior Blocker in v7 the exact same one in V6 or there has been changes? Couldn't find much info about it.

D

Deleted member 178

The BB is the same, they just change the AV engine, the way both engines scan the system, improve the smart cache using the cloud, improve memory usage consumption, etc...

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
When everyone and everything starting to use Bitdefender, I will just use Mamutu with another Antivirus solution. ;)

/W

D

Deleted member 178

BD = Ikarus with less FPs, not far better, not far less good in detection rate.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
woodrowbone said:
When everyone and everything starting to use Bitdefender, I will just use Mamutu with another Antivirus solution. ;)

/W
Remember Emsi use their own sigs too.
Otherwise i'd take your point also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.